Biggest Stock Market Blunders

What have yours been?

here is mine

about 5 years ago I got alot of money back from my tax return, and was thinking about what to do with it. my wife suggested that we should invest it and buy some stock.

i researched some and decided to track their performance for a 2 week time frame.

KMart

Wal-Mart

Harley

Budweiser

Apple

Wal-Mart and Bud are always a good choice as their stock prices rarely drop, Harley seemed to be a strong one also.

K-Mart had just file for bankruptcy and their stock had dropped to a little over $1.00 a share.

Apple was sitting at about $15.00

after thinking about it and chickening out, i decided to not invest in any of them and spent the money paying bills ect.

since that time, Wal-Mart, Harley, and Bud have remained constant

K-Mart was bought out by Sears and anyone that had K-Mart stock was given 1 share of the new "Sears Holding Corp" for each share of K-Mart stock that they owned. The last time I looked SHC stock was at $128.00 per share, but closed on friday at 89.00

Apple has introduced numerous new items that have been huge successes, and thier stock closed on friday at $161.00

now had I invested $1000 in each of K-mart and Apple stock, i would be sitting on about $100,000 on a $2000 investment.

should have, whould have, could have :bang:bang:bang

:bang

'I should have.' 'If only I had.' Two phrases that get overworked by those who cry in their beer and say, "Woe is me" way too often. (Not saying that that is you Rob) The thing to do is look ahead, the past is over and can't be changed. Learn from the past, look to the future.

>>>T_O_B

:)

I just talked to my investor with AXA Advisors and am looking and changing my portfolio. He has me in alot of bonds and I think at my age I should be in more stocks, particulary international stocks.

I saw on in the financial section on yahoo that some international stock markets are diving right now due to fears of an American recession. Not good for my investments right now, but in the long term you need some of these corrections and bubble busters, just keep investing and when they turn around you will have more shares at the higher price.

Of course I could be just a working stiff that doesn't know his ass from his hat, so don't invest on my information or ideas. :nutz

My economics teacher in college was an investor for 20 some years. He said when the market is bad it's actually a good time to buy because you can get some good stock and a low price. It's like shopping at a sale he said.

well that makes the "Buy low and Sell high" statement true, unless you are stoned when you try to sell something and ..........never mind

My economics teacher in college was an investor for 20 some years. He said when the market is bad it's actually a good time to buy because you can get some good stock and a low price. It's like shopping at a sale he said.

That's correct - with a proviso. If you have disposable income then it's a fine idea. But if you have any debt, then the best course is actually to put the money toward the debt and reduce or eliminate it.

That's correct - with a proviso. If you have disposable income then it's a fine idea. But if you have any debt, then the best course is actually to put the money toward the debt and reduce or eliminate it.

Great point AR. I actually don't really have any debt besides my student loans. So I thought it was time to deversify my portfolio. :thumbs

Great point AR. I actually don't really have any debt besides my student loans. So I thought it was time to deversify my portfolio. :thumbs

what about that motorcycle you bought, do you still have it?