Kenny Wilson

My gut feeling is he will have a hard time getting any playing time. He a great athlete, but so far he hasn't shown to be that good of a RB. I know he has had his share of injuries, but when he was healthy, he didn't look that impressive. Yes that could be because of being inexperienced, but is he good enough to beat out Castille, Glenn (if healthy) and Helu? And then you have that redshirt freshman. (sorry, I can't remember how to spell his name)

Is it Mendoza?

I don't really know where he is at ....but this team needs all the athletes it can get....he has great speed and toughness....if he is healthy...he is ahead of Helu....and mendoza....I believe that Mendoza or Wilson or Helu will find there way to the defense....but I'm just speculating......I would like to see wilson's size and speed at LB if he had a nose for the ball....he never seemed scared of contact....but I would not be surprised if he is 2nd behind Lucky.....to me, Glenn is a mirage in the desert

If Mendoza ends up on the defense, what a waste of talent. That kid "belongs" on the offense. I'm sure he could be a good player no matter where he ends up, but the kid can run with a lot of moves, when the balls in his hands. IMO

GBR!!!

Watson said not long ago that Kenny is healthy and will get looks at HB and may split time at FB.

However I also heard he may get a look at Saftey depending on the linebacker situation. Which may be the best spot for him in the long run

damn I like the sound of that, mainly Wilson being healthy ... I just wonder if he's 100% ?

will somebody shed some light on Kenny Wilson for next year ? I'm pretty sure he has a year of eligibility left but where would he be on the RB depth chart ?

The best answer to this question, IMO, is somewhere behind Lucky. After that, it's pretty foggy.

I disagree with you totally. Kenny Wilson is a better RUNNING BACK than Marlon Lucky & should be the starter this year. He is fast, breaks tackles & blocks very well.

I disagree with you totally. Kenny Wilson is a better RUNNING BACK than Marlon Lucky & should be the starter this year. He is fast, breaks tackles & blocks very well.

Are you serious? Lucky is more or less a 3 year starter. Wilson played in a handful of games his first year as a Husker and, honestly, didn't really show a whole lot in terms of, well, anything.

It's quite the stretch, IMO, to say that he is better at anything at the RB position considering the playing time and what he's done with it.

Femur injuries are unique. The most pain of any break. But if not compound nor shattered very quick healing. Rod in place, they can be up and walking with in a week.

This depends on if he has reached what the doctors consider then end of his growing period. If they feel he is going to grow another two or three inches he would be in traction like Herian was. If he is considered full grown, the rod is inserted throught the hip. Small incession. No cast no major surgery normally. The faster they are walking the quicker they heal. This is a very different break than what Herian suffered. Very little rehabilitation needed, as long as the break was clean. I have no idea of what Kenny suffered, but if they are saying he is healthy, it sounds to me he was up on his feet in a week or less. I have had riders break there femur one week and be at the races the next week, able to walk, gingerly yes, but walking. I have had riders up and racing again in less than 4 months. Herian's compound most likely kept him off the leg for at least a couple of months immoble.

His injury is more of mental thing now. Once the femur is healed its stronger than it was before. It should not give him any problems. And it didn't happen playing football, the head games will be easier.

All my knowledge on this comes from Motocross. Femurs are a break we see quite a bit.