If Nebraska wins it all???

Just winning the Big 12 would be considered an enormous feat.....

i don't see why we think that. going into the year we thought we had one of the best teams in the nation, and supposedly we have some of the best talent in nation, it just has to be coached, so say it does get coached up, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblity that we do win the north, and challange for the big 12. i mean we have what colorado, kansas, missery at home so 3 of the teams that will be challanging have to come to memorial(and last i remember the last 2 haven't won in memorial for quiet a while)

That was last year, we lost a lot off that team, even though we didn't lose a ton of players.

Purify, Bowman and even though they played poorly, the Linebacking corps were reasons for optimism last year.

We were so optimistic because we had what appeared to be a solid deep WR corps, a solid secondary, a really good linebacking corps, a new star QB, a fairly good backfield and good lines on both sides of the ball.

However this year we still have a good QB and a solid running game, but the WR corp is largely untested, the Secondary is still young, the Linebacking corps is extremely green and the lines are relatively unknowns as to how they will perform at this point.

We still have a very talented team, but many young players are going to have to step up. This is a drastically different team than we had coming into last spring. That could be a great thing, or it could be troublesome. Either way it is WAY to early to even be thinking about B12 Championships, let alone National titles.

It would be an enormous feat (i.e. difficult to do) because Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado all appear to be better than the Huskers..... keep in mind that Nebraska also has to play at OU and at TT.

I can see you saying Kansas, Missouri but that Colorado game was very winnable. Remind you that Nebraska team was the worse team I've ever seen in my 39 years and still only lost by 14. That team was even leading by 11 coming out in halftime. While Nebraska defense should be getting better just by having better coaching and Colorado's should probably be similiar or a little better with the same coaching staff.

There's no way Nebraska will will all there games, but I expect that they will go to a bowl game next year.

It would be an enormous feat (i.e. difficult to do) because Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado all appear to be better than the Huskers..... keep in mind that Nebraska also has to play at OU and at TT.

I can see you saying Kansas, Missouri but that Colorado game was very winnable. Remind you that Nebraska team was the worse team I've ever seen in my 39 years and still only lost by 14. That team was even leading by 11 coming out in halftime. While Nebraska defense should be getting better just by having better coaching and Colorado's should probably be similiar or a little better with the same coaching staff.

There's no way Nebraska will will all there games, but I expect that they will go to a bowl game next year.

Well, I'm not okay with the Huskers having to score "scrub points" versus the Buffs, i.e. the last 16 in garbage time. NU was down 58-35 after surrendering a bundle of points early in the 2nd half. Some of those early 2nd half turnovers might be due to Cally's poor coaching, but the bottom line is that CU out-performed NU that day.

And, may I remind you that my prior post mentioned that those 3 teams "appear to be better" than the Cornhuskers. I didn't even make mention of an improved ISU or the ever-enigmatic KSU.......

wow! the off season is loaded with day dreamers. look guys, we are short on talent and experience, especially defensive experience that was nowhere available in last years team, nowhere.

the coaches have a ton of work to do, we will be lucky to go 7-5. home games don't mean that much either. i think we will play tough in most of the games and be pretty competitive, but wins will be hard to come by.

Ok now you are just crazy, an improved ISU and enigmatic KSU?

ISU is improved - from pathetic to really bad and KSU is dying under a desperate coach who has been in over his head from the begining.

Fact is the Clones improved during the course of the season, so from that perspective, ISU is an improved ball club. Whether they're still poor isn't the point...

And KSU is ever an 'enigma', which means "puzzling or baffling". No one knows which way they're heading, at one point the Wildcats are stomping Texas and hanging tight with KU, and at another point in the season they're getting killed by a reeling Nebraska team who had lost 5 straight.

It's going to be tough to figure out the middle of the Big 12 North......

As we all have hashed over and over and over and over.......... we all have different expectations.......Pesonally, I believe that anyone who honestly believes that we have a "shot" at the NC....is the biggest rose-colored glasses person in the history of NU football (not that it is a bad thing), just stating the obvious......

A bowl bame with a competitive team would be great........

To answer the question: If NU wins it ALL.........I promise you that I will show up at the 1st Huskerboard Tailgate the following year, and attempt to take a dump while running full speed..

Well, I'm not okay with the Huskers having to score "scrub points" versus the Buffs, i.e. the last 16 in garbage time. NU was down 58-35 after surrendering a bundle of points early in the 2nd half. Some of those early 2nd half turnovers might be due to Cally's poor coaching, but the bottom line is that CU out-performed NU that day.

And, may I remind you that my prior post mentioned that those 3 teams "appear to be better" than the Cornhuskers. I didn't even make mention of an improved ISU or the ever-enigmatic KSU.......

I am going to start off with no way do I think the Huskers win out next year. I will say however that other than the MU game in which they dominated both sides of the ball on us, what lost us the games was the total lack of defense. Next year, 35 points I will be willing to bet would win us the CU game. And in most years 39 that we put on KU should win any game, barring OT anyway.

The games next year that worry me are OU, MU and VT. No offense to KU, but those are the 3 elite teams we play next year. ISU doesnt really concern me. I expect ISU is going to have a number of offensive issues next year, and no doubt that Bo and Co can shut it down. While KSU is erratic at best, I expect them to be beatable, even if the game is in Manhattan. And the other 3 nonconferece games and Baylor dont even warrant discussion.

Would we be considered 2008's Cinderella team, or a program that has returned to domanance.

Will the Huskers win it all this year? Probally not, if they did I'd have to say it was a return to domance. Yet after the last 4 years I wonder how many people would call it luck. :restore

I hate to thrust my cynicism into this post...but seriously.

I know this is just a hypothetical-question. You couldn't really call us a Cinderella team...because we have most of the make-up for what should be a national contender every year, i.e. - great facilities, great fan support, great recruiting classes.

Still, taking all that into account, winning the Big 12 North will be a feat this year. I just think talking about winning a MNC at this juncture makes us look delusional.