My Predictions for next year

MVPujols

i hope we are all suprised by the level of intensity on the field...i feel like our players are under appreciated based on last years performance....i dont put all of the blame on the coaching staff, but being motivated to play hard seems to be something all of this years players will have compared to last when the huskers seemed emotionless in most games....there is enough talent on this years team to win...

There definately is enough talent on this team to win, but they are very young. That bodes well for us in the next couple of years and I think it's possible to see a miracle in Lincoln because anything is possible.

Okay, I know all of you are excited to hear what some random guy on a random message board has to say about the Huskers' upcoming season, so here we go:

Western Michigan - Win (1-0)

San Jose State - Win (2-0)

New Mexico State - Win (3-0)

Virginia Tech - Win - Kansas beat them in the Orange Bowl. I think we will win against Kansas this season, so look at the explanation down below. (4-0)

Missouri - Loss - This is a tough one. Missouri should be a great team for the upcoming season, but everyone also thought Nebraska was going to be a great team in 2007 and look what happened. In my opinion, I think Mizzou will remain a great team and win the North again. Fortunately for Nebraska fans, the game will be much closer than 41 to 6. :)(4-1)

Texas Tech - Loss - This is the first away game, and it will be against a very solid TT team. I just don't think the Huskers have the speed on defense to keep up with the RR's offense (unless the S&C drastically improves this during winter conditioning). (4-2)

Iowa State - Win - No explanation needed. (5-2)

Baylor - Win - See "Iowa State". (6-2)

Oklahoma - Loss - The Big 12 will be pumping out alot of quality teams this season, OU being included in this group. Don't think the Huskers will win, but they will put up a HUGE fight and the game will be fairly close. This is especially true since this game is towards the end of the season, and everything is figured out by now (i.e., which players will play which positions). (6-3)

Kansas - Win - Okay, so KU had a decent team last year. But in my opinion, it wasn't as good as everyone thinks. The only good team they faced all year was Mizzou, and they lost to them. The rest of the teams they played were mediocre (i.e., CU, A&M), and they barely ended up winning against them. NU scored 39 points on them last season...and still lost! With a halfway decent defense, and the fact that this is a home game, I think KU is going to be in some trouble. (7-3)

Kansas State - Win - Josh who? Expect this Josh character to get roughed up big time in this game. Huskers roll over Kansas State Community College (8-3)

Colorado - Win - Home game against CU = Husker victory. Look, we were dominating them going into the half last season, and then our wonderful "defense" started to do what they did best last season...suck. I don't think this game will even be close. (9-3)

Bowl game - Don't know, depends on who we are against...

End of season before Bowl Game record: 9-3

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. I'm mostly looking forward to see what the defense will look like once all players have been evaluated, and Bo and his assistants decide where each player should go. Samething goes for the offensive side of the ball, but in my opinion, the offense was fairly good last season.

Is it September yet?

:yeah

Well i have to post my predictions

W. Michigan= Easy Win (1-0)

San Jose State= Easy Win (2-0)

New Mexico State= Easy Win (3-0)

Va Tech= I think this will be a hard fought game. This one would be the HAVE TO SEE non-conference game. Either way I look at this i think it will be a win. (4-0)

Missouri= Win (5-0) This will be tough. I just think after our ass kicking last year. this one will go in our favor. But it will be close.

Texas Tech=Loss (5-1) I think we will lose because the red raiders offense is just too fast.

Iowa State= Easy Win (6-1)

Baylor= need I say more. (7-1)

Oklahoma=Loss (7-2) I just think this will be a hard game. i'm not saying Nebraska doesn't have a chance. It'll just be a really hard one to win.

Kansas=Win(8-2)

Kansas State=Win (9-2)

Colorado = Win(10-2)

END OF REGULAR SEASON = 10-2