So...What Offense WILL We Run???

Everyone seems to want to go to some form of the spread, but I must defend the WCO for a second and say when we finished last year we were the 11th overall offense, we put up 30+ points against 7 teams on our scedule, and 50+ against 3 teams. (one of the 30+ games was USC keep in mind.) One thing I will say is we have depth in athletic QBs, we have a recruiting class of a fair amount of receivers, with this last class we added even more talented depth at RB. I would say it looks to me that we are going to transition in to the spread, which I will be interested to see what the next few seasons will look like with this tranisition, I feel it will be fun to watch

The Trojans broke open the game by scoring three straight touchdowns in the second half, the first two set up by interceptions.

"Once we got going, geez, we just took control," Carroll said.

USC led 49-17 in the fourth quarter, but Sam Keller led two touchdown drives against the Trojans' prevent defense to close the gap.

Can people get it out of their head that this offense wasn't so great and exspecially during the USC game? First of all Nebraska was behind 42-10 and scored 21 point off of USC second team playing prevent defense. Lets not bringup the fact that 2 int set up USC for two TD (Kind of like Colorado see a pattern?) that allowed such a huge lead.

Stats are good but they don't tell half the story and some times tell none of it.

The number 11 offense didnt help during Oklahoma St and Texas A & M which were two home games. <_<

Gotta agree with that. The 11th ranked offense was out-gained by opponents in 8 of 12 games...Throw out the stats for the KSU and Nevada game and this offense was average at best.

I think most of the players are going to be evaluated and the coaches will look to move some people around and see where they can make an imidiate impact. The defense needs rebuilt and some of the "Athlete" players may be looked at there to improve overall defensive speed and competition for starting spots.

Everyone seems to want to go to some form of the spread, but I must defend the WCO for a second and say when we finished last year we were the 11th overall offense, we put up 30+ points against 7 teams on our scedule, and 50+ against 3 teams. (one of the 30+ games was USC keep in mind.) One thing I will say is we have depth in athletic QBs, we have a recruiting class of a fair amount of receivers, with this last class we added even more talented depth at RB. I would say it looks to me that we are going to transition in to the spread, which I will be interested to see what the next few seasons will look like with this tranisition, I feel it will be fun to watch

The Trojans broke open the game by scoring three straight touchdowns in the second half, the first two set up by interceptions.

USC led 49-17 in the fourth quarter, but Sam Keller led two touchdown drives against the Trojans' prevent defense to close the gap.

Can people get it out of their head that this offense wasn't so great and exspecially during the USC game? First of all Nebraska was behind 42-10 and scored 21 point off of USC second team playing prevent defense. Lets not bringup the fact that 2 int set up USC for two TD (Kind of like Colorado see a pattern?) that allowed such a huge lead.

Stats are good but they don't tell half the story and some times tell none of it.

The number 11 offense didnt help during Oklahoma St and Texas A & M which were two home games. <_<

Gotta agree with that. The 11th ranked offense was out-gained by opponents in 8 of 12 games...Throw out the stats for the KSU and Nevada game and this offense was average at best.

Ball St. (hard to defend the offense there cuz its ball st but still scored 40.)

Kansas- how was that an average offense? we scored more points on them than anybody else.

and colorado. take away a couple of early second half picks and thats a stellar performance.

Under keller the offense was average at best. ill give you that but under ganz it flourished.

Ball St. (hard to defend the offense there cuz its ball st but still scored 40.)

Kansas- how was that an average offense? we scored more points on them than anybody else.

and colorado. take away a couple of early second half picks and thats a stellar performance.

Under keller the offense was average at best. ill give you that but under ganz it flourished.

Dude...it flourished against KSU and Colorado! ISU's offense flourished against KSU and Colorado! What's that tell you???

If I remember rightly the offense had to rely on a Bo Ruud 34 Yd Interception Return at the end to even beat them.

With their(Kansas) schedule I would hope that Nebraska would be at or near the top.

Take away the int? If this offense was that great they would have run and been able to run the clock down and thus making the game shorter with a 11 point lead coming out at half time.

1-3 record I could do with less flourishing and take a win.

If I remember rightly the offense had to rely on a Bo Ruud 34 Yd Interception Return at the end to even beat them.

With their(Kansas) schedule I would hope that Nebraska would be at or near the top.

Take away the int? If this offense was that great they would have run and been able to run the clock down and thus making the game shorter with a 11 point lead coming out at half time.

1-3 record I could do with less flourishing and take a win.

A-freAKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!