Khiry Cooper, Ter'Ran Benton and Kendal Thompkins

If not before then.

I think Cooper will be in because of his relationship with Coach Brown.

Ter'Ran will be in because of Coach Beck, and Bo.

Thompkins will be in because of the situation at Miami with all the WR's they've signed.

I don't think Ter'Ran and Thompkins are here for a free visit this late in the game, obviously there's something happening in Ames and Miami that they are not happy with, and I just have the feeling they will all commit.

If not before then.

I think Cooper will be in because of his relationship with Coach Brown.

Ter'Ran will be in because of Coach Beck, and Bo.

Thompkins will be in because of the situation at Miami with all the WR's they've signed.

I don't think Ter'Ran and Thompkins are here for a free visit this late in the game, obviously there's something happening in Ames and Miami that they are not happy with, and I just have the feeling they will all commit.

i really hope we land this thompkins kid ...tons of speed ..can ultilize him in many ways on offense

I think were to the point now that we don't pick up any more verbals, it will all be LOIs now :P

Yeah, I really don't expect any verbals unless they come in the next 4 or 5 hours. As far as if we have room for them while yes we do. We can easily sign a class of 27 people, actually to be exact we had 31 players run out of eligibility this year, so we could take on as many as 31, some would just have to grey shirt, or take another kind of scholly. For example a track scholorship, that's something that miami uses a lot, sign a football player under a track scholly. Maybe even Mackovicka could come under a baseball scholly, etc.

I think were to the point now that we don't pick up any more verbals, it will all be LOIs now :P

Yeah, I really don't expect any verbals unless they come in the next 4 or 5 hours. As far as if we have room for them while yes we do. We can easily sign a class of 27 people, actually to be exact we had 31 players run out of eligibility this year, so we could take on as many as 31, some would just have to grey shirt, or take another kind of scholly. For example a track scholorship, that's something that miami uses a lot, sign a football player under a track scholly. Maybe even Mackovicka could come under a baseball scholly, etc.

isn't Mackovicka walking on anyway?

Yes, he is I was just using an example, of how you can use other sports schollys for your football players.

Yes, he is I was just using an example, of how you can use other sports schollys for your football players.

i might be wrong here but if a student athlete is on scholarship for any sport, when he steps on the field for football his scholarship has to be for football.

maybe AR can help me out on this one

I believe the rule is, if a student athlete participates in multiple sports, and is on scholarship, the scholarship must be applied to the higher grossing sport. So in nebraskas case, he would be using a football scholly, if it were Duke, and they were playing basketball and football, then the scholly would be used from the basketball limit.

i might be wrong here but if a student athlete is on scholarship for any sport, when he steps on the field for football his scholarship has to be for football.

maybe AR can help me out on this one

Correct. The applicable NCAA By-Law is:

15.5.8 Multi-Sport Participants.

15.5.8.1 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a counter who was recruited and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95,1/9/96 effective 8/1/96)

15.5.8.1.1 Initial Counter. [FBS/FCS] A counter who previously has not been counted in football shall be considered an initial counter even though the student-athlete already has received countable financial aid in another sport.