The greatest Bo quote

Apathy

I read this off of Huskerextra when they were doing a story over one of our recruits Micah Kreikemeier and this is what Bo told Micah:

"He’s straightforward in everything he says,” Micah says. “He basically said to me the three main rules: Don’t get in trouble with the law. Don’t be late, and don’t ever talk back or anything stupid with me. But he said, ‘Screw up any of those and I’ll be up your butt.’ Fair enough for me.”

This is what we need in as a coach and it pumps me up just reading this. Bo is going to make these guys work their tails off from now all the way to September. For all of the people that are saying that we'll have a 7-5 or 6-6 record I believe you'll be proved wrong. Last time Bo was here he had to start from scratch and had about 9 months to do something and he turned it around and we beat Oklahoma St. in our opener who were ranked. Bo is going to turn this program around pretty fast and you can count on that.

Now I wonder what's going to happen to Patrick Witt because if you guys remember correctly didn't he get in a bar fight or something in December? I know he got in trouble with the law and I wonder what Bo is going to do with Patrick since he broke one of his rules. Anyways GO BIG RED and two more months till the SPRING GAME BABY :woo:wasted

"He’s straightforward in everything he says,” Micah says. “He basically said to me the three main rules: Don’t get in trouble with the law. Don’t be late, and don’t ever talk back or anything stupid with me. But he said, ‘Screw up any of those and I’ll be up your butt.’ Fair enough for me.”

Exactly what we need in a coach....he should have thrown in "I don't want to see any pictures of my players in volleyball uniforms or you will be wearing pink jerseys in practice"....that would have made that little speech the perfect speech to a recruit....

:restore:clap:wasted:hellloooo:restore

Patrick didnt get into a bar fight as he wouldn't have been in a bar seeing as he is 18.

"He was ticketed for trespassing, third-degree assault by menacing threats, minor in possession by consuming and possession of a false ID."

Ya thanks for that, I knew he was in trouble that dealt with assault that's why I thought that it was a bar fight. Sorry the basketball player from Mizzo got in a bar fight and had his jaw broken or something. My bad!!!!

Exactly what we need in a coach....he should have thrown in "I don't want to see any pictures of my players in volleyball uniforms or you will be wearing pink jerseys in practice"....that would have made that little speech the perfect speech to a recruit....

:restore:clap:wasted:hellloooo:restore

Bo Pelini can just have a long talk with Joe Arpaio the Sheriff from Maricopa County Arizona about the pink boxers uniform

arpaio_underwear.jpg

That was a good quote....but in today's Omaha World Herald, and article about Husker recruiting stated the following........

When referrring to recruiting 5* players, Bo's remark was something to the effect of ....(paraphrase)...

"We don't recruit a player by his number of stars, it is our job to put stars on the player".........friggin awesome quote and attitude. The last staff recruited high ***'s and didn't teach.....this staff is bringing in the athlete and making a 3* kid into a 5* All-American........Love it !!!!!!!!

Here's the best Bo quote I ever read...out of some little podunk paper in Louisiana...

"Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, and this week I got a call from the guy that put them in.

He was complaining that the job had been finished a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them. I told him just what his fast talking sales guy told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves.

"So, it's been a year." I told him.

He didn't say anything, so I finally just hung up on him and he never called back. Guess I won that stupid argument...."

Classic!

Here's the best Bo quote I ever read...out of some little podunk paper in Louisiana...

"Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, and this week I got a call from the guy that put them in.

He was complaining that the job had been finished a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them. I told him just what his fast talking sales guy told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves.

"So, it's been a year." I told him.

He didn't say anything, so I finally just hung up on him and he never called back. Guess I won that stupid argument...."

Classic!

link? :sarcasm

Link? Uh...it was a real small paper! So small that they still set the type by hand...yeah, that's it....and...um...they have no electricity in that part of the state because of...of...oh yeah! Hurricane Katrina! So they have no way to put it on the web...or make electronic copies of it or anything cuz of course all their computers got wet so now their doing all their newspaper copy with typewriters and...what with the international shortage and cost of carbon paper and all....

Oh well...I guess unless you have an actual copy of the paper it was printed in you're going to have to take my word for it.... <_<