Different College but still Cheering for Nebraska?

MNBIGRED

Hey everyone, I made this topic becuase im curious to see how many of you are NU alums. Also, I'm curious to see how many of you went to different colleges and still cheered for the Huskers in college. The reason im asking is because next fall im going to ISU for engineering (i know but their program is good and i get an academic scholly), and planning on cheering for NU in their student section when they play NU at home lol. Just wanting to see if thats uncommon at all... I doubt the ISU people will care but maybe if you went to say... Colorado or Oklahoma you may have been severely beaten lol

Enlighten me on your experiences or crazy stories

If you sit in the ISU student section and cheer for NU a posse of big farm boys majoring in Agricultural Science (and who spend way too much time in the barn with the animals after the lights go out) will drag you behind the bleachers, tie you up and tell you to "Squeal Like A Pig"....while an albino banjo player strums a tune in the background....

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I did undergrad at UGA and am back for graduate school, (Excellent Public Administration program, best looking co-eds in the country) but have been a Nebraska fan my entire life (both parents from Nebraska and UNL graduates). When I go to games, I kind of make my friends sick talking about how a lot of the Georgia players couldn't hold a candle to the Husker players (not so much of that this year though). At UGA, football is more of a trendy thing than a religion, but it is still nice to throw on red pants, white polo, and black sweatervest to root on the Dawgs while at the same time telling my entire section to shut up in between quarters when the stadium announcer reads the score of the Husker game!

I forgot to add that you had better believe that if the Dawgs ever played the Huskers, I would be the most hated person in Athens for months leading up to the game (in addition to probably sporting multiple black eyes) letting everyone know how Nebraska was about to destroy Georgia!

Hey everyone, I made this topic becuase im curious to see how many of you are NU alums. Also, I'm curious to see how many of you went to different colleges and still cheered for the Huskers in college. The reason im asking is because next fall im going to ISU for engineering (i know but their program is good and i get an academic scholly), and planning on cheering for NU in their student section when they play NU at home lol. Just wanting to see if thats uncommon at all... I doubt the ISU people will care but maybe if you went to say... Colorado or Oklahoma you may have been severely beaten lol

Enlighten me on your experiences or crazy stories

If you sit in the ISU student section and cheer for NU a posse of big farm boys majoring in Agricultural Science (and who spend way too much time in the barn with the animals after the lights go out) will drag you behind the bleachers, tie you up and tell you to "Squeal Like A Pig"....while an albino banjo player strums a tune in the background....

I'm an ISU grad and I had no issues with people giving me s**t about cheering for NU.

My advice would be to cheer for your Huskers, but also have fun being an ISU fan. It's your school, have pride in that. I'm a bit jealous you're just starting your tenure as a student there....I'd go back in a second. However, I'm pretty sure kids in college think 28 year old married dudes are 'creepy' when they hang around the college scene!! :wasted:cheers:wasted:cheers

I grew up in Norfolk, NE but I went to the University of Tulsa to play soccer (no men's soccer in the Big XII) and for engineering. I caught a lot of crap for going there because thats right in the heart of sooner country. It was fun being a Husker fan down there in the mid to late 90's because of all of the good spirited rivalries I had with friends. I have a room in my house dedicated to Husker Football and will bleed Husker red til I die! Plus, I can cheer for the Golden Hurricane and the Huskers without ever choosing sides because it seems that they will never play each other.

I went to Nebraska, graduated in 1999...however after seeing those wonderful, "Choose your own adventure at Iowa State," commercials, I've been tempted to enroll in graduate classes...

warning about attending football games at Jack Trice though...were a windbreaker...

Windbreaker hell! The game is in the middle of October...Wear your parka and bring a couple of fat girls to keep you warm! You shouldn't have much problem finding those on campus...I think the sororities rent them out by the hour on Saturdays. Half-price if you keep them overnight!

think the sororities rent them out by the hour on Saturdays. Half-price if you keep them overnight!

Cy, do you have any prices?? Never been to ames, with this new found information, it sounds like I could have some fun there! Possibly even making the trip from Omaha on some lonely cold saturday..

think the sororities rent them out by the hour on Saturdays. Half-price if you keep them overnight!

Cy, do you have any prices?? Never been to ames, with this new found information, it sounds like I could have some fun there! Possibly even making the trip from Omaha on some lonely cold saturday..

Usually treating them to a fine dining experience at McDonalds and a bottle of Mad Dog afterwards will suffice....for the real high-class ones it sometimes takes a trip to Wal-Mart to get their motors running....

Usually treating them to a fine dining experience at McDonalds and a bottle of Mad Dog afterwards will suffice....for the real high-class ones it sometimes takes a trip to Wal-Mart to get their motors running....

I don't have to work tomorrow, I'm leavin for ames at 5!!! :nanalama

I don't have to work tomorrow, I'm leavin for ames at 5!!! :nanalama

Leaving at 5:00 is a good idea...it'll be dark when you get to Ames. Always best to pick your ISU girl up in the dark....remember not to scream in the morning as you might accidently wake it up. Just quietly gnaw your arm off and slink away before she notices you're gone....