Different College but still Cheering for Nebraska?

MNBIGRED

Ya i figured that plus ISU has about 20,000 undergrads so theres gotta be at least a couple lookers lol

ISU has some lookers because I'm about 45 minutes south of Ames. Definately a great engineering school and congratulations on the scholly. I'm graduating in May from a smaller community college and I wish that I could have went to a larger school, but I dragged my feet after high school. It's been a good thing for me though because I'm going to graduate with honors. I love the Huskers and would've loved to go there, but the cards didn't fall into place. If anyone has a good link to a financing source that I can refinance my student loans with please post it! :thumbs

I was born in Kearney and a lot of my relatives still live in NE. Due to my dad's job growing up, we moved a lot. Went to school in MI and eventually IA. Then on to college at Minnesota State-Mankato (Mankato State then) so I was extremely happy to see Jamrog join the staff. After all the moves and traveling...Always a die hard Husker. No need to be a UNL grad. to bleed Husker Red.

I went to UNL for a couple years, but ended up completing my degree at CU. I am now a grad student at CU and probably take a little more sh#t than most of you. I'll always be rooting for my Huskers. But all in all, most CFB fans respect each other.

Out of curiosity do you go to the CU games and if you do, do you root for the Buffs unless they are playing NU?

Some people are stupid. I fit that description. Offered a track scholarship by Nebraska, turned it down and went in the Marine Corps. Spent 26 years there learning a lot of different things. Still wish I had went to college. But I would be hard pressed to give up the life the Marine Corps gave. The experience, the travel, the adventure, the friends, and the education with hands on training. Teaching me to finish what I started. After building and selling four very successful business, I think I made the right choice.

I agree with Eric, if you can go else where to college, and have the slightes desire to try your wings, look down the road a ways. Your normally a little stronger if you have to do everything yourself. University of Hark Knocks is good for most.

You get a lot of flack in the service for being a big fan of any team. There are larger numbers of the major power houses than there are of Nebraska. We were always outnumbered, but seldom out cheered. We normally had more to cheer about though.

My guess is if you are male, and enrolled in any major university, hell any college there will be the sweeties that you are looking for. Glad to be an American, because we have beautiful women every where. SoCal has a few I know.

Good luck to you at ISU.

Hey everyone, I made this topic becuase im curious to see how many of you are NU alums. Also, I'm curious to see how many of you went to different colleges and still cheered for the Huskers in college. The reason im asking is because next fall im going to ISU for engineering (i know but their program is good and i get an academic scholly), and planning on cheering for NU in their student section when they play NU at home lol. Just wanting to see if thats uncommon at all... I doubt the ISU people will care but maybe if you went to say... Colorado or Oklahoma you may have been severely beaten lol

Enlighten me on your experiences or crazy stories

hey man, i go to ISU and always sit in the student section with my NU gear on, most of them are cool about it just a few people have some fun with it but you just have to say look at the scoreboard baby! nah theyre cool down here i also hear the engineering program is great. :wasted:thumbs

money isn't a problem, there are 9,000 loan program s to help you. Go somewhere you may never be again.

BS

i understand where you are coming from with get out of state.. far away.. but seriously.. there is a LOT of different money issues that rise up.. you may say that there are all those loan programs, but have you seriously looked into all of them? what institution is going to give an 18 year old, with little to no credit history, a huge loan that may be required to go out of state? sure some people can afford it. i know, as a first child, and another three behind me that my parents are still taking care of, i have little support from them financially.. you gotta do what you gotta do and if that means stay in-state for school, it happens. live in the dorms.. you get yourself exposure to an entire new part of life.. you're still away from your family and meet a lot of new people.. out of the 38 other kids on my floor, 2 are from lincoln, one of them being my roommate.. a lot are from very different parts of nebraska, a few from SD and one from Virginia...

like i said, i understand your point but for you to say that money is not an issue is something that you can only say for yourself. not everyone else.

Easy fella.

Have I looked into them? I worked in financial aid for over a year and put myself 100% threw school. Not 1 cent of help from my parents who are divorced. I am well aware of what's out there. There are quite a few student loans that don't require any credit checks at all. Besides student loans are good debt (in an odd way) there usually low interest, you can defer payments when needed and have low payments. Your then in turn building your credit. I'm 65K in the hole from student loans and wouldn't trade it for anything because of the experiences I have gained. Depending on myself taught me unbelievable lessons. When I was dropped off by the Amtrak train in Lincoln almost 10 years ago, I had no idea where my dorm was, where I had to go, etc... just wing it.

And on a side note, it'll be cheaper living in an apartment after your freshman year versus staying in a dorm. 2k a semester is quite a bit ... living in an apartment will teach you about leases, utility bills, conserving electricity, having women in your own room late at night, hiding holes that were kicked in during the last kegger, etc.

And again - Go somewhere you may never be again.

my parents moved to the states when i was 4 years....grew up in Grand Island , NE.. then went to UNL after graduating from Grand Island Senior High.. after one year at UNL i moved to Michigan where i transfer to Grand Valley State and graduate from... i live in Holland , MI now but still a big Husker fan..it's in my blood i guess...i get alot of sh*t from Michigan fans..they're so arrogant

Hey everyone, I made this topic becuase im curious to see how many of you are NU alums. Also, I'm curious to see how many of you went to different colleges and still cheered for the Huskers in college. The reason im asking is because next fall im going to ISU for engineering (i know but their program is good and i get an academic scholly), and planning on cheering for NU in their student section when they play NU at home lol. Just wanting to see if thats uncommon at all... I doubt the ISU people will care but maybe if you went to say... Colorado or Oklahoma you may have been severely beaten lol

Enlighten me on your experiences or crazy stories

If you sit in the ISU student section and cheer for NU a posse of big farm boys majoring in Agricultural Science (and who spend way too much time in the barn with the animals after the lights go out) will drag you behind the bleachers, tie you up and tell you to "Squeal Like A Pig"....while an albino banjo player strums a tune in the background....

I went to UNL for a couple years, but ended up completing my degree at CU. I am now a grad student at CU and probably take a little more sh#t than most of you. I'll always be rooting for my Huskers. But all in all, most CFB fans respect each other.

Out of curiosity do you go to the CU games and if you do, do you root for the Buffs unless they are playing NU?

That is correct. But I don't go to many CU games, usually just the NU-CU game and one other.