WHAT'S TOUGHER ?

BOBELIEVER

It looks to me like the balance of power is swinging back to the north, though at the moment it is pretty even. Why I think it is swinging back to the north,

1 - Baylor is in the south. Sure, the north has ISU, but ISU seems to actually want to win. While there is some show of effort, the comments Singultary made when withdrawing his name from consideration for the head job makes you wonder how serious they really are. ISU's AD seems to want to pull out all the stops. ISU pushed teams, more and more as the season went on, Baylor doesnt do this, ever really. If they wernt good in other sports they would have been punted from the conference years ago. The only team in the Big 12 to never qualify for a bowl since the conference formed.

2 - Coaching changes. North teams have had bad runs with coaches, and most have been cleaned in the last few years. Some building and rebuilding effors have taken longer, but it seems that MU has built itself up and wont be going away, KU was a bit of a shock, and while maybe not someone who will be 10 wins every year, they look more like an 8. CU looks like it will surge under Hawkins. And hopefully Pelini can get NU back up off the mat. Chizik has ISU playing with some effort, though I dont really expect him to be there for more than about 4 more years before he moves up. And well, KSU looks like a mess and quite likely change coaches in another year or so.

The South has Stoops and Brown, and neither program is going away. Texas Tech seems to have gone about as far as it will go with Leach, they still cant play defense, or get over the hump and beat more than 1 good team a year, always 3rd or 4th in the division. OSU seems to be just as flaky as ever with Gundy, they can be a danger or a joke on any given Saturday. I already covered Baylor, no coach will use them for more than a stepping stone as the administration isnt interested in the BCS. And A&M seems to have made the same mistake NU did 4 years ago. I groaned for the Aggie fans when I saw this hire, I cant imagine anything else than what happened to NU, hell they even hired several of the coaches and the S&C guy.

• 1 month later...

The south is much better... we have no one on the same level as Texas and Oklahoma on a consistent basis for the last 5 + years.

Kansas and Mizzou have proven nothing to me by having one good year, Colorado will rise up with Hawkins, and theres no telling how fast and how much Nebraska will improve. K-state is being run into the ground by Prince and will be left in shambles after this year most likely, then theres Iowa St which is just... Iowa St.

I think the North has finally achieved parity....

North Strengths:

NU

CU

KU

Mizzou

South Strengths:

Texas

Tech

A&M

OU

Both solid divisions.

How can you say NU is a strength? They went 5-7. They might be a strength traditionally, but not now. Until Pelini can get NU up and running again, the South will be a little better than the North. BTW I really hope NU does get better, it will be good for the North conference, and Big 12.

I think the North has finally achieved parity....

North Strengths:

NU

CU

KU

Mizzou

South Strengths:

Texas

Tech

A&M

OU

Both solid divisions.

How can you say NU is a strength? They went 5-7. They might be a strength traditionally, but not now. Until Pelini can get NU up and running again, the South will be a little better than the North. BTW I really hope NU does get better, it will be good for the North conference, and Big 12.

Because Kool-Aid was invented in Nebraska.

• 8 months later...

I still think the North has a LONG WAY to go to be able to compete with the Confederates in the South.

I predict Prince will be out at KSU and they'll dig up Bill Snyder to take another run at resurecting them..But without the kickass assistants..Won't happen.

Baylor will surprise everyone and act as the conference spoiler even this season.

TTech will win, but not really be much of a factor BCS wise..Other tham maybe keeping Texas or OU out of the conference championship game.

aTm will mimmic our own "Callihan Years" by changing the Offense only might just win by year four.

Wow!

Close

I still think the North has a LONG WAY to go to be able to compete with the Confederates in the South.

I predict Prince will be out at KSU and they'll dig up Bill Snyder to take another run at resurecting them..But without the kickass assistants..Won't happen.

Baylor will surprise everyone and act as the conference spoiler even this season.

TTech will win, but not really be much of a factor BCS wise..Other tham maybe keeping Texas or OU out of the conference championship game.

aTm will mimmic our own "Callihan Years" by changing the Offense only might just win by year four.

Wow!

Close

:yeah

WOW