Weight: 300 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Strong D1 OL prospect.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. We have shown interest early.

• 3 months later...

Not looking good - I think we've lost this one...

RECRUITING: Arkansas assistant has an impact in Tulsa

By Otis Kirk

Originally published 04:21 a.m., June 1, 2008

Updated 04:28 a.m., June 1, 2008

FAYETTEVILLE — When Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino hired Garrick McGee from Northwestern University, it became clear the Razorbacks would be a player when it came to recruiting Oklahoma.

McGee played his high school football in Tulsa at Booker T. Washington High School, where his father was the longtime coach. McGee reportedly has extended several offers in the Tulsa area, with the latest going to Broken Arrow offensive guard Alvin Bailey, 6-4, 300 pounds, 5.3 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Bailey has strong ties to Arkansas. His father, also named Alvin, played basketball for the Razorbacks.

"I will make a decision soon,"”Bailey said. “"Arkansas is where I have always wanted to go. My dad’s side of the family is from Arkansas."

Bailey also has offers from Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State and Nebraska. He expects to be an offensive guard in college.

"Most of the schools recruiting me have told me guard is what I will play," Bailey said.

Bailey said McGee made his one phone call allowed by the NCAA during the evaluation period and it went well.

"He said he wants me to come to Arkansas and be a Hog," Bailey said. “"He said they watchedmy tape and wanted to offer me a scholarship. I like Coach Mc-Gee."

If Bailey commits to Arkansas, he would join Fayetteville’s Colby Berna, 6-4, 280, 5.1, to give the Razorbacks a pair of talented guards. Berna is rated the No. 2 player in Arkansas and a four-star recruit by Rivals.com.

"I have really good feet," Bailey said. “"I understand everything about the offense. The game of football just comes to me really easy. I have good size."

Bailey said among the things he likes about Arkansas is the distance from home as well as the family ties.

"Arkansas is about two hours away from Broken Arrow and close enough my parents could come see me play," Bailey said. “"I am looking for a school where I can fit in."

"I'm not looking for a schoolwhere I can get early playing time; that isn't that important to me. I want to get a good education and develop both as a person and football player. I want to go where I can have fun and get an education.

The playing time and then maybe the NFL one day will take care of itself."”

Among the other Tulsa-area players being sought by McGee and the Razorbacks are Jenks cornerback Gabe Lynn, 6-1, 180, 4.47; Owasso offensive guard Brandon Webb, 6-4, 290, 5.3; Tulsa East Central cornerback David Gordon, 6-0, 170, 4.4, and Tulsa Edison athlete Terrell Williams, 6-3, 215, 4.63.

Lynn is rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, which also rates him the No. 25 player in the nation. Lynn has offers from schools all over the nation, including Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee and many others in addition to the Razorbacks.

Lynn has developed a good relationship with Helena-West Helena Central cornerback Darius Winston, 6-1, 180, 4.34, who has committed to Arkansas.

"I have over 30 offers now," Lynn said. “"I don't have a favorite. I hope to make my decision before my senior season."

"Darius and I talk about how it would be to play on opposite sides [of the Arkansas secondary]. Darius has been talking up Arkansas."

Lynn plans to attend the Bobby Petrino Camp that begins one week from today. Lynn said Arkansas' coaches have told him he doesn't have to participate in the camp, but he might do so anyway.”

Williams has 10 offers and is capable of playing several positions in college. He plays all over the field for Edison but admits to having a favorite position when it comes to college.

"I think I will play either wide receiver or safety," Williams said. “"I feel wide receiver will be my best position here next season, but safety is my favorite position. I like safety because you get to hit people and you can score if you pick off a pass."

McGee has made a good impression on Williams, who excels in the classroom as well as on the field.

"Arkansas is a very nice school, plus it's just down the street from my home,"” Williams said. “"They have the best facilities in the SEC, and I really like Arkansas."

• 2 months later...

Thanks. Not sure how accurate these rumors are, but Baileys facebook and myspace pages say he's commited.

I figured you guys would be a major player for Lynn because of his bro being at NU and I believe he's visited you guys numerous times. As a rule of thumb I always consider the home state school the favorite unless there's a connection to an out of state school though (like Bailey and Arkansas). In my opinion he's OU's to lose, guess we'll see though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Not sure how accurate these rumors are, but Baileys facebook and myspace pages say he's commited.

I figured you guys would be a major player for Lynn because of his bro being at NU and I believe he's visited you guys numerous times. As a rule of thumb I always consider the home state school the favorite unless there's a connection to an out of state school though (like Bailey and Arkansas). In my opinion he's OU's to lose, guess we'll see though.

ESPN is now reporting he committed to Arkansas:

Lineman Alvin Bailey onboard with the Razorbacks

Alvin Bailey, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound offensive line prospect, has pledged to sign with Arkansas over scholarship offers from Nebraska, Michigan State, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports.

His high school coach, Ron Lancaster, said, "I told him to make some visits and make sure he knew where he wanted to go. He had a lot of good schools after him and he just wanted to get this out of the way. He visited Arkansas and really liked it, and I think he made a good choice."

Additionally, Bailey's father, also named Alvin, walked onto the Razorbacks' basketball squad in the late 1970's.