Nebraska-Colorado

np_husker

From journalstar.com blog:

NU-CU still set for Friday after Thanksgiving

With the Texas-Texas A&M game moved to Thanksgiving night and an ESPN broadcast, some people were wondering what this meant for the NU-CU game, which has been played and nationally televised by ABC on the Friday after Thanksgiving since 1996.

Worry not. It sounds like the Husker-Buffs routine will remain the same for now.

Tim Allen, associate commissioner for the Big 12, said it's safe to say "the Nebraska-Colorado game will remain on Friday for telecast by ABC."

Bob Burda, the Big 12's assistant commissioner of communications, said despite the UT-A&M move, the Big 12 still maintains one of its Friday game slots with ABC.

"Our understanding from ABC is that it plans to cover Nebraska-Colorado in the foreseeable future," Burda said.

Nebraska has played on the Friday after Thanksgiving since 1990. For six years, the Huskers played Oklahoma in that slot before the emergence of the Big 12.

In 2009, Nebraska does not have a bye week heading into the Colorado game -- the Huskers are slated to play Kansas State the Saturday before -- which would make it a short week if that NU-CU game remains on a Friday.

It is one game that I look forward to every year...nothing gives me more pleasure than to see CU get their butt's kicked, since we can't play Oklahoma every year....which I think the Big 12 has really screwed up that rivalry.

Wasn't big 12 it was Oklahoma that decided to not play it every year.

I can't see the day after Thankgiving without Nebraska football, and good thing Callahans gone or he would have succeded to screwup that traditon to.

It is one game that I look forward to every year...nothing gives me more pleasure than to see CU get their butt's kicked, since we can't play Oklahoma every year....which I think the Big 12 has really screwed up that rivalry.

I can't see the day after Thankgiving without Nebraska football, and good thing Callahans gone or he would have succeded to screwup that traditon to.

Very good point

Very good point

and it would have been the hardest to get back if he would have screwed it up. ABC on football on the Friday after Thanksgiving is all about tradition. I can't dream of any other way to get up that day, kind of a routine, like Thanksgiving day has the NFL.

Bring back the annual OU vs NU game!!!!

Honestly. Nobody cares about a fabricated CU v NU "rivalry" anyway. How they allowed the OK v NU rivalry to die is beyond comprehension. It would be like the Big Ten canceling the Ohio St. v Michigan game. It's just not right.

I am hoping T.O. gets together with the OU A.D., then with the Big 12, and finally get that game back on a yearly basis. It seemed like the current OU A.D. has in the past indicated a desire to bringing back that rivalry. Let's face it. Right now we truly don't have a big rivalry. Some say MU, some say KSU, and some say CU. But comparing those games with OU is like comparing apples to oranges. Come on Tom. Try your best to bringing back the annual NU-OU game.

I am hoping T.O. gets together with the OU A.D., then with the Big 12, and finally get that game back on a yearly basis. It seemed like the current OU A.D. has in the past indicated a desire to bringing back that rivalry. Let's face it. Right now we truly don't have a big rivalry. Some say MU, some say KSU, and some say CU. But comparing those games with OU is like comparing apples to oranges. Come on Tom. Try your best to bringing back the annual NU-OU game.

Do we know if the fans in Oklahoma want to renew the rivalry as well? It looks as if everyone down there considers Texas as their main rival. I want the old OU-NU rivalry just as much as all of you, but truth be told, I feel like we are the only side who wants it renewed.

Feels kind of lame, asking them to come be our rivals again.