Our tax dollars at work

With the economy in shambles, inflation rising, and countless other issues of importance, what is congress focusing on? Did Clemens lie about using steroids. Could they find a bigger waste of time?

I definitely see your point, but we can't have people lying to Congress either. Our policy has never been to stop prosecuting crimes during financially tough times. If that were the policy, I can think of a number of crimes I find stupid that shouldn't be prosecuted because it is a waste of money....

:angry:

If we are going to enforce the law then Congress needs to get out of the way and let the DEA do its job. If these substances are illegal then simply investigate, arrest, tri, and jail the perps. That's what law enforcement is all about. If you use illegal substances you should just get busted.

>>>T_O_B

huskernumerouno Today, 02:45 AM Post #12

Maybe there should be a law against steroid use. Wait there is one. Let the courts deal with people breaking laws from the dealer to the user. This has no place taking up so much of the overworked congress. I mean they get more and longer vacations than most of us and get rewarded very nicely for their part time jobs. You are correct congress has a lot on their plate and this should not be on it.

Our economy is not exactly in shambles.

We're 9 trillion dollars in debt, we go approximately 2 million dollars further in debt every 1 and 1/2 minutes!!! thats approximately 1.59 billion per day. We owe most of that money to CHINA........ when they ask for their money back what are we going to give them?

our economy appears to be good, because we borrow a billion dollars everyday. but once the bills become due we're in a world of hurt!!!

With the economy in shambles, inflation rising, and countless other issues of importance, what is congress focusing on? Did Clemens lie about using steroids. Could they find a bigger waste of time?

It's pathetic really. How soon we (congress) forget that there is a friggen war going on! Health care reform is in shambles, the economy in a whole is a total wreck.....Yet by God we had better get our Baseball situation whipped into shape! Ya know Baseball and Apple Pie and all! <_<

It's pathetic really. How soon we (congress) forget that there is a friggen war going on! Health care reform is in shambles, the economy in a whole is a total wreck.....Yet by God we had better get our Baseball situation whipped into shape! Ya know Baseball and Apple Pie and all! <_<

Polititians getting their collective panties in a bunch because someone lied to them. POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK

Jesus Christ people.

Just because one House committee is doing an investigation on steroids that is of extremely high interest to the national public DOES NOT MEAN that that is all Congress is doing!

When the steroids story wasn't around, what did you think Congress was doing? Nothing?

The steroids story is a big one, no doubt. It involves the HUGE professional sports industry, and at its center a highly successful player who's been accused of cheating. The public is obviously generating big interest, and the news wires are catering to it.

But do you honestly think Congress has ground to a halt in all other affairs? Honestly?

From congress.org:

Also Coming Up in Congress

* Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testifies before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday, and before the Senate Banking Committee Thursday

* House and Senate Budget Committees meet to discuss the FY09 budget resolution

* House and Senate Armed Services Committees will hold hearings on the Pentagon's budget request

* House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing Tuesday on White House emails

* The Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee will hold a hearing on Wednesday concerning immigration enforcement and plans for building a virtual fence along the Southwest border

Federal Reserve, budget, defense proposals, reform, border security. Yes, clearly all they're thinking about is Clemens.

Some other things they're doing:

worrying about the environment

worrying about corporate tax breaks for oil companies

worrying about foreign aid

worrying about the country's economy

And here are some votes that have occured recently:

Key Votes - congress.org.

In fact, if you watch CSPAN/CSPAN2, you can actually see what Congress is doing in session.

But how soon they've forgotten everything else that's going on, right? No, how soon we've forgotten that Congress does things other than what we hear about Sports Illustrated, or even regular news.

Getting their panties in a bunch? It's the law, and lying under oath is a serious, serious offense. Or would you rather our own government not hold people up to task when they're lied to? Hypocrisy isn't even an issue here, they're upholding the law. If you'd rather the government not uphold the law...

I'm speechless.

The whole Clemens/Steroid issue is a joke. Ok, so he probably lied to congress, which not only is not good, it's pretty stupid, but think about this...

Why are they going after Clemens? Because he might have lied? Why aren't they going after the guys who were providing the steriods. This is like putting a celebrity that bought a crack rock on a corner infront of congress. Does that make an ounce of sense?

Why are you going after the guy that took it, instead of those that are distributing it? Aren't you supposed to work up the ladder, instead of down?

This is looking to me like some senators wanted an autograph from the rocket...

Jesus Christ people.

Just because one House committee is doing an investigation on steroids that is of extremely high interest to the national public DOES NOT MEAN that that is all Congress is doing!

When the steroids story wasn't around, what did you think Congress was doing? Nothing?

The steroids story is a big one, no doubt. It involves the HUGE professional sports industry, and at its center a highly successful player who's been accused of cheating. The public is obviously generating big interest, and the news wires are catering to it.

But do you honestly think Congress has ground to a halt in all other affairs? Honestly?

From congress.org:

Also Coming Up in Congress

* Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testifies before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday, and before the Senate Banking Committee Thursday

* House and Senate Budget Committees meet to discuss the FY09 budget resolution

* House and Senate Armed Services Committees will hold hearings on the Pentagon's budget request

* House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing Tuesday on White House emails

* The Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee will hold a hearing on Wednesday concerning immigration enforcement and plans for building a virtual fence along the Southwest border

Federal Reserve, budget, defense proposals, reform, border security. Yes, clearly all they're thinking about is Clemens.

Some other things they're doing:

worrying about the environment

worrying about corporate tax breaks for oil companies

worrying about foreign aid

worrying about the country's economy

And here are some votes that have occured recently:

Key Votes - congress.org.

In fact, if you watch CSPAN/CSPAN2, you can actually see what Congress is doing in session.

But how soon they've forgotten everything else that's going on, right? No, how soon we've forgotten that Congress does things other than what we hear about Sports Illustrated, or even regular news.

Getting their panties in a bunch? It's the law, and lying under oath is a serious, serious offense. Or would you rather our own government not hold people up to task when they're lied to? Hypocrisy isn't even an issue here, they're upholding the law. If you'd rather the government not uphold the law...

I'm speechless.

Speechless I think not,

Maybe there should be a law against steroid use. Wait there is one. Let the courts deal with people breaking laws from the dealer to the user. This has no place taking up so much of the overworked congress. I mean they get more and longer vacations than most of us and get rewarded very nicely for their part time jobs. You are correct congress has a lot on their plate and this should not be on it.

If we are going to enforce the law then Congress needs to get out of the way and let the DEA do its job. If these substances are illegal then simply investigate, arrest, tri, and jail the perps. That's what law enforcement is all about. If you use illegal substances you should just get busted.

>>>T_O_B

If they, and I mean no matter who, break the law they should be arrested. Seems to me that Andy Pettit, Chuck Knoblock, Jose Conseco, Brian McNamee, ect., ect., have all confessed to comitting crimes while under oath. Where in the hell is the sheriff, and why haven't these guys been arrested?

If it were one of us, and we lived in Des Moines BRI would be duty bound to take us in.

I don't understand!

>>>T_O_B

:angry::angry::dunno:angry::angry:

>>>T_O_B

If they, and I mean no matter who, break the law they should be arrested. Seems to me that Andy Pettit, Chuck Knoblock, Jose Conseco, Brian McNamee, ect., ect., have all confessed to comitting crimes while under oath. Where in the hell is the sheriff, and why haven't these guys been arrested?

If it were one of us, and we lived in Des Moines BRI would be duty bound to take us in.

I don't understand!

>>>T_O_B

Remember...It's not against the law to ingest only to possess. ;)

>>>T_O_B

I don't understand!

>>>T_O_B

Remember...It's not against the law to ingest only to possess. ;)

...FFin' amazing. Lawyers writing laws so that other lawyers can take hours arguing symantics and run up the hours.

Wouldn't you at some point have to possess before you could injest which may be why they let someone else into a bathroom stall to inject them in the ass.

I still think its a matter for law enforcement and not Congress.

>>>T_O_B