Stupid Idea #1

You know....the students should be thankful that they can GET tickets at face value to see the game....period. There are a lot of people that would love to have the opportunity just to be able to buy the tickets at face value, no matter where they were in the stadium.

There is NO bad seats in Memorial Stadium. The problem I have is that the people that they are moving down into the old student section are going to end up paying more for their tickets...maybe not this season, but next...this is my prediction, and I will be the first to say "I told ya so" next year when the prices go up and someone comes on here whining about it for a week.

I am betting this decision was in the works when Dr. Tom took over for Ped, and someone at the University told Dr. Tom that it was a decision that was already made and was going to happen. Dr. Tom may not have had a whole lot of say. I cannot see him doing something this bone headed, then telling the fans and the students that it wasn't done for financial reasons. It has everything to do with financial reasons!!

Out of curiousity does anyone know exactly how many students will be moved? How many actually sit in section 15? the majority of the students sit in 12-14 anyway. Maybe i am misinterpreting this but there will actually be MORE students able to atted games now...isn't that what people want? No im not "buying into the kool aid of the department" as im sure those posts will fly. I think this is a pretty decent plan and IMO a bunch of assumptions were made that were unjust. Dunno...it doesn't seem as bad as originally thought. I think this will do more for unifying the students, and all being general admission will make the people that actually wanna be there get there early. I hated sitting among students that were there for the social aspect (there are some i know....shocking)

um.. sorry, but there, you are wrong.. there were technically "seat numbers" given to everything, but i can sure as hell guarantee you that we NEVER sat in those seats and they were already treated as GA tickets.. aka USC.. we were at gameday at 1 am.. after it was over, straight to wait in line.. there the WHOLE day.. sleeping, standing etc... and its a MAD RUSH right when gates open.. was the same every week.. just didn't have to get there as early as for that game.. so the fact that they are "officially" GA really does nothing because it was already treated that way.. i remember going to the nebraska - iowa game back when.. (i'm only a freshman this year) but i sat with my cousin, who was a student at the time, and a couple was like, you're in our seats.. and my cousins response was.. this is the student section, theres no such thing as your seats.. and the guy was like.. my wife is a student here.. so he said.. suck it up, deal with it.. this is the student section, find a place..

Wait what t-shirts aren't going to be red?

seriously.. 1) from you're above post.. don't knock cy.. ffs...

and 2) read the WHOLE THING if you're going to post.. the e-mail TO sent to all the student season ticket holders said something to the effect (i only read it then one time it was sent to me) .... and when you pick up your season tickets next year there will be a t-shirt there for you and i wouldn't be surprised at all if that t-shirt isn't red.... or somethin to that effect....

This is going to be a loooooooooooonnnng off season. Husker fans were so excited about Tom Osborne coming back and now he makes a decision and you guys are going to whine about it.

Tom Osborne didn't have to come back to save this football program, Tom Osborne didn't have to fire Bill Callahan, Tom Osborne didn't have to allow former players to attend games again, Tom Osborne didn't have to hire Bo Pelini.

If Tom Osborne decided to allow this move I'm sure that he did it with good intensions. Please everyone let Mr. Osborne do his job because HE'S TRYING TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY AND TO RESTORE THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

This is going to be a loooooooooooonnnng off season. Husker fans were so excited about Tom Osborne coming back and now he makes a decision and you guys are going to whine about it.

Tom Osborne didn't have to come back to save this football program, Tom Osborne didn't have to fire Bill Callahan, Tom Osborne didn't have to allow former players to attend games again, Tom Osborne didn't have to hire Bo Pelini.

If Tom Osborne decided to allow this move I'm sure that he did it with good intensions. Please everyone let Mr. Osborne do his job because HE'S TRYING TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY AND TO RESTORE THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

Man, knock off this garbage that TO cannot do any wrong. If he makes a stupid decision, are we supposed to sit back and say, "oh, Tom made it, so it's okay!" I mean, seriously. I love the guy, respect the heck out of him for what he did with our program years ago, but I could careless about all of that right now.

Think of it this way, if Stevie P had made this decision, he would likely get fired from something like this. Just because it is TO is the only reason more of a stink isn't being created about it. To me, that's garbage.

Just like over 10 years ago when he chose Solich as his replacement, TO has proven he can do some jacked up stuff. This is another example.

I think the biggest point of contention will be the loss of block seating. I can tell you that the Greek Community is up in arms about this. Its loss kills one of the great fraternity/sorority traditions at UNL, the Football Block.

BLOCK SEATING SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED YEARS AGO. Frats got an unfair advantage over regular students. It was such a f'ing insult to get to the game early and have to sit and watch 50+ rows ahead of you sit completely empty until the meatheads and drunk sorority bitches showed up to claim their seats.

Man, knock off this garbage that TO cannot do any wrong. If he makes a stupid decision, are we supposed to sit back and say, "oh, Tom made it, so it's okay!" I mean, seriously. I love the guy, respect the heck out of him for what he did with our program years ago, but I could careless about all of that right now.

Think of it this way, if Stevie P had made this decision, he would likely get fired from something like this. Just because it is TO is the only reason more of a stink isn't being created about it. To me, that's garbage.

Just like over 10 years ago when he chose Solich as his replacement, TO has proven he can do some jacked up stuff. This is another example.

actually it started as Stevie's idea, so that makes it worse

Well first and foremost Osborne isn't perfect but this is not a stupid idea. Who really cares if he is changing the seating for the Students. If it was me i would make that whole section nothing but Students but that's not my call. He decided to make this change because he felt there was a need of change and that some people had been complaining about this. My dad likes to take his 75 year old father to Nebraska games and he can't stand for the whole game. People who pay hundreds of dollars a year to have season tickets have every right to watch the game. Students are young enough to stand the entry game so it does make sense in a way to make them have seats behind season ticket holders or regular fans who can't stand a whole game.

People got to realize that you have to think about others and not just yourself. I love LOVE Nebraska football and when i'm old and disabled i would like to see the entry game and not have to worry about people standing infront of me. I understand that students pay a certain amount of money to attend the University but they don't have to pay cover charge, they have a discount and pay to get an education.

You also have to consider that most of the fans attending these games might not live in Lincoln or Omaha. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to watch a game and i have to find a spot to park and people driving longer than 2 1/2 hours might have to spend some money on a hotel or something. So lets just say somebody is attending a game who are Husker fans from California and they have to rent a hotel room. Thats about 60-70 bucks a night and then another 10-20 bucks for parking and another $54 for a ticket. Their almost spending $200 bucks to attend a game and they can't watch it because people are standing the whole time. These are things that TO could've looked at when making this call. For those of you who don't like it doesn't mean that you still can't support TO in this decision....he has a tough job and he really didn't need to take this job in the first place but he cares about the people in Nebraska not just one group (Students or Ticket Holders) but everybody as a whole.

Out of curiousity does anyone know exactly how many students will be moved? How many actually sit in section 15? the majority of the students sit in 12-14 anyway. Maybe i am misinterpreting this but there will actually be MORE students able to atted games now...isn't that what people want? No im not "buying into the kool aid of the department" as im sure those posts will fly. I think this is a pretty decent plan and IMO a bunch of assumptions were made that were unjust. Dunno...it doesn't seem as bad as originally thought. I think this will do more for unifying the students, and all being general admission will make the people that actually wanna be there get there early. I hated sitting among students that were there for the social aspect (there are some i know....shocking)

um.. sorry, but there, you are wrong.. there were technically "seat numbers" given to everything, but i can sure as hell guarantee you that we NEVER sat in those seats and they were already treated as GA tickets.. aka USC.. we were at gameday at 1 am.. after it was over, straight to wait in line.. there the WHOLE day.. sleeping, standing etc... and its a MAD RUSH right when gates open.. was the same every week.. just didn't have to get there as early as for that game.. so the fact that they are "officially" GA really does nothing because it was already treated that way.. i remember going to the nebraska - iowa game back when.. (i'm only a freshman this year) but i sat with my cousin, who was a student at the time, and a couple was like, you're in our seats.. and my cousins response was.. this is the student section, theres no such thing as your seats.. and the guy was like.. my wife is a student here.. so he said.. suck it up, deal with it.. this is the student section, find a place..

I am referring to the block seating where they DO care if you are in their seats. People in the block seating do get to sit in their seats (rows at least) and my reference was to the fact that seats are saved by people and hopefully this will stop that. I have seen plenty of seats being saved in the "general admission" seating. good luck trying to sit there or in the block seating.