NU vs. MU

Why is everyone counting the Mizzou game as an Autowin. They beat us at home just two weeks ago and they have already played two game this year at the Sprint.

My question also. Mizzou is certainly underachieving (except in the bar fight area), but they do have wins over Purdue, Kansas State, Maryland and Texas.

:rollin Sounds like our football team! Especially the bar fight.

the only way nebraska can make the ncaa is by winning the tourney, otherwise you have to be at least .500 in regular season conference play. if we do somehow beat kansas and mizzou we will still have two more games to play in the big XII tourney.

Im not saying we belong in the tourney but last year

Arkansas had a 7-9 conference record and made it.

I think if NU gets to the finals they are in the big dance for sure

That's a pretty big "if".

Mizzou won't be a push over. I think we'll have to play our best in order to beat them.

And if we beat Mizzou, there's Kansas. Spare me all that stuff about "it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season". We were blown out, big time, in both of those games we played against them. Any time we play Kansas it almost looks as if we're scared. To me anyway. I know that was pretty early in the season, and Nebraska is playing much better right now. The game may be closer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another loss by 20 points or so.

We're pretty much a lock for the NIT. I'd say that's a pretty good start to get to where we want to be. And hopefully we can build on that next year.

thats how it should be but like I said you need to have at least .500 conference record or win your conference tourney...

unless this is a new rule this year..

your wrong.

last year, arkansas went 21-13... 7-9 in the SEC... and they got a 12 seed in the tourney.....

Actually kinda pleased thus far, we've played poorly, been sloppy with the ball handling and are of course having trouble with the FCP.. MU has been shooting 3's left and right and are shoving our players all over the paint and yet we are LEADING at the half.

If we can take better control of the ball in the 2nd half and make smart shots we should win... we gotta start getting more rebounds though, MU is doing way too good on the offensive boards.

thats how it should be but like I said you need to have at least .500 conference record or win your conference tourney...

unless this is a new rule this year..

your wrong.

last year, arkansas went 21-13... 7-9 in the SEC... and they got a 12 seed in the tourney.....

KSU also was 10-6 in Big 12 play last year and 22-11 overall and didn't make it. The Huskers RPI is sitting at about 93 right now. Which I don't understand because their W/L record against the top 100 is the same as West Virginia, and they are RPI 31. With that said, the Huskers need to win the tourney to make it in. They are finishing the season off right and playing some good basketball. I think Doc has maxed out the talent that is here. The Huskers are playing solid team basketball and it is fun to watch.