Good News For The Day!

That’s right….Cy will be back on the field when NU travels to Ames next fall. Not “close” to the field…not behind the bench where they stand all the old fossils that played back in 1942…but right there on the sidelines where I…Cy the Cyclone…could possibly play a part in the outcome of the game!

Okay…I won’t actually be in the game or even part of the athletic (using the word loosely…this is ISU we’re talking about after all) squad in any capacity. No…Cy will have a much bigger role to play…one sure to affect the game on a regional level! That’s right…Cy will once again be holding the “spotter stick” that lets all the television viewers see the green line that marks where the next first down will be! I was given that honor last year during the Kent State and UNI games and did such a fine job that they have requested my presence on the field once again…or the guy that normally does it is going to be out of town or something…anyway, I’m getting NU and A&M for the best seat in the house!

If you have to watch the game on TV this year…look for the wavering green first down indicator line that keeps weaving back and forth like some drunk is in charge of it. You’ll know I’m on the job!

I was given that honor last year during the Kent State and UNI games and did such a fine job that they have requested my presence on the field once again…

So...what? After 2 straight losses they decided they should go a different direction? :) Good to see ya' get another chance!

I can see it now...

Ganz with the ball hands it off to Lucky, here he goes down the right sideline picking his way through and now here he goes down the sideline...... and now he is tripped by the guy holding the first down marker. The first down marker guy is now standing over Lucky yelling "HUSKERBOARD! HUSKERBOARD!"

I can see it now...

Ganz with the ball hands it off to Lucky, here he goes down the right sideline picking his way through and now here he goes down the sideline...... and now he is tripped by the guy holding the first down marker. The first down marker guy is now standing over Lucky yelling "HUSKERBOARD! HUSKERBOARD!"

nice!!!

That’s right….Cy will be back on the field when NU travels to Ames next fall. Not “close” to the field…not behind the bench where they stand all the old fossils that played back in 1942…but right there on the sidelines where I…Cy the Cyclone…could possibly play a part in the outcome of the game!

Okay…I won’t actually be in the game or even part of the athletic (using the word loosely…this is ISU we’re talking about after all) squad in any capacity. No…Cy will have a much bigger role to play…one sure to affect the game on a regional level! That’s right…Cy will once again be holding the “spotter stick” that lets all the television viewers see the green line that marks where the next first down will be! I was given that honor last year during the Kent State and UNI games and did such a fine job that they have requested my presence on the field once again…or the guy that normally does it is going to be out of town or something…anyway, I’m getting NU and A&M for the best seat in the house!

If you have to watch the game on TV this year…look for the wavering green first down indicator line that keeps weaving back and forth like some drunk is in charge of it. You’ll know I’m on the job!

You kill me :rollin:rollin

So we know who to tar and feather if ISU gets an extra down or two. Thanks

Also, would you be so kind as to give us your home address. Just in case. ;)

So we know who to tar a feather if ISU gets an extra down or two. Thanks

Also, would you be so kind as to give us your home address. Just in case. ;)

thats any easy one, Cy's address is 2718 Grand Ave. Ames, IA 50010.

Please direct all of your hate/love mail to this location! :corndance:corndance:corndance

in the words of tufftigger: thar litle corndancer fela is sot Furny. :corndance

Trucker,

You many know where he hangs out of his husker underwear but, I know I don't want to. Please keep these little secrets of yours and Cy's to yourself.

You know them guys in Iowa...most of them don't know how to put their underwear on correctly, they think the little slot is to poop out of....so when they get confused, they just don't bother wearing any...this is all just what I have heard, no personal experience or anything like that... :clap

Cy just REMEMBER that whenever you go to spot your first down marker that i'll be in the crowd watching and when the moment is right i'll yell out "Hey Cy! Good job on marking that spot.......YA JACKA**", like that guy did off of Happy Gilmore. :clap

Well again I'll probably be at this game for the third straight time in Ames for a Good Ol' Nebraska beat down.

Well…I’ll probably be stuck wearing that fashionable black and white stripped outfit that not only makes you look like a convict on the loose but also transforms you into an instant target for bottles, coins or whatever else irate fans have handy to throw onto the field. Since most fans don’t have the arm strength to get their projectiles out to the real officials (if they did, Chizek would be up in the stands signing them up on football scholarships), anybody in a zebra outfit will do…including the poor boobs on the chain gang. That’s the one big disadvantage of this gig…babes don’t exactly flock to you after the game when you leave the field…This year though, I hope to change my luck…I’ve been working on some new lines:

“Of course I’m an official…wanna blow my whistle?”

“Want to see what ‘illegal receiver downfield’ really means?”

“My hands are full…would you reach in my pocket and pull my flag out?”

What do you think???

Or…I guess I could use the line that’s never failed me in Ames yet…

“Wanna make a quick $10?”

That one always works... <_<