Brandon Ore Dismissed

GI56

After reading the article, this might be a bigger loss for the Hokies than you think h20.

Ore played in all 14 games last season, starting 13. He led the Hokies in rushing with 992 yards and was second on the team in scoring with 10 touchdowns. In the Orange Bowl, a 24-21 loss to Kansas, he rushed for 116 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries.

Now, while the O line is a big factor in a RB's success, it also helps that a team has an experienced RB that knows how to use what the O line can do for him. Looking quickly at the Hokie roster, unless Evans, Oglesby or Williams steps up and becomes that surprise kid like you think, they could be in for a hard time running the ball.

Dag Yo! that was harsh Huskerjock. Its called a ripple effect, but I do think that VT will have a decent O-Line for any back that fills the slot. Now that its early enough those backs will all have a renewed shot at a starting spot and usually that brings out the best.

Who cares this isn't even a Nebraska Player.......Nor is it Husker Related besides VT playing us in Lincoln this year.

:bang that is just it....they PLAY US this year. It is relevant.

Teams have a way of reloading when they have to, I bet someone will step up for them. VT has some talent.

Sorry guys i forgot to add the sarcasm icon to my last post i didn't think that people would've taken that comment so serious.....here i'll do it here :sarcasm

I don't think losing that guy will have any affect on the game.....but who knows i guess that we'll find out on that day.

Sorry guys i forgot to add the sarcasm icon to my last post i didn't think that people would've taken that comment so serious.....here i'll do it here :sarcasm

I don't think losing that guy will have any affect on the game.....but who knows i guess that we'll find out on that day.

:yeah

I think that alot of Husker fans would agree with me that Brandon Ore isn't so different from Marlon Lucky. Here is my Reasoning:

Brandon Ore

Rushing

Att Gain Loss Net TD

267 1056 64 992 9

Receiving

NO. Yards Avg. TD

20 149 7.4 1

Marlon Lucky

Rushing

Att Gain Loss Net TD

206 1057 38 1019 9

Receiving

NO. Yards Avg. TD

75 705 9.4 3

Nothing against Marlon but by those Numbers they are about the same in Rushing but Marlon carried the ball less and gained more yards than Brandon. Marlon was pretty much our go to guy when it came passing it to our running backs and he had better numbers than Brandon but Brandon wasn't much of a receiver cause they had three other studs as receivers where they didn't really have to focus on throwing Ore the ball. There are some Husker fans that think that Marlon wasn't all that great last year and now with me providing the comparison with the two......what's that got to say about Brandon?

IMO I think that if Marlon got injuried and was out for the rest of the season I think that we had really good back ups to replace Marlon where I also believe that VT will have that same thing. Their second string running back Tyrod Taylor only carried the ball 102 times for 576 yards and lets say that he carried the ball 204, he probably could've had 1152 yards. So this might not be a big loss for VT. I hope that I'm wrong come 9/27/08

I think that alot of Husker fans would agree with me that Brandon Ore isn't so different from Marlon Lucky. Here is my Reasoning:

Brandon Ore

Rushing

Att Gain Loss Net TD

267 1056 64 992 9

Receiving

NO. Yards Avg. TD

20 149 7.4 1

Marlon Lucky

Rushing

Att Gain Loss Net TD

206 1057 38 1019 9

Receiving

NO. Yards Avg. TD

75 705 9.4 3

Nothing against Marlon but by those Numbers they are about the same in Rushing but Marlon carried the ball less and gained more yards than Brandon. Marlon was pretty much our go to guy when it came passing it to our running backs and he had better numbers than Brandon but Brandon wasn't much of a receiver cause they had three other studs as receivers where they didn't really have to focus on throwing Ore the ball. There are some Husker fans that think that Marlon wasn't all that great last year and now with me providing the comparison with the two......what's that got to say about Brandon?

IMO I think that if Marlon got injuried and was out for the rest of the season I think that we had really good back ups to replace Marlon where I also believe that VT will have that same thing. Their second string running back Tyrod Taylor only carried the ball 102 times for 576 yards and lets say that he carried the ball 204, he probably could've had 1152 yards. So this might not be a big loss for VT. I hope that I'm wrong come 9/27/08

:dunno So if a RB carries the ball 61 less times and gains 27 more yards that is about even? :dunno

Technically it's apples and oranges. Marlon ran a much different system, I watched the ECU and KU games for Va Tech last year and to be "Frank" I was not impressed with the offense in any form. So I was surprised that they actually had a 1000 yrd rusher.

IMO logically, it's not close. Marlon carried the ball less, gained more yards and is a huge receiving threat out of the backfield. While Ore had more carries, less yards and wasn't a huge threat out of the backfield.

Now, do I think it's a blow to Va Tech, maybe, maybe not. Talent wise yes, attitude wise it doesn't sound like it.

I just deleted a few lines I typed about whether or not this would affect the game in September, then I realized this is MARCH. HA, so who knows by then this may be a positive for Va Tech, time will tell..

• 3 weeks later...

Now #2 goes down..

Hokies RB Lewis to miss 4-6 months

Posted: Saturday April 12, 2008 1:58AM; Updated: Saturday April 12, 2008 1:58AM

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) -- Kenny Lewis, counted on to be Virginia Tech's starting tailback this season after one-time all-Atlantic Coast Conference tailback Branden Ore was dismissed from the team will be sidelined 4-6 months with a shoulder injury.

Lewis, a 5-foot-10, 199-pound junior, will have arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder Tuesday, coach Frank Beamer's Web site, Beamerball.com, reported Friday night.