Come Clean all you Callahanahollics!

Bill Callahan Believers?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never fully believed in him (he seemed like a strange fit from the start), but I always held out hope. It seemed that things were heading in a positive direction til the 3rd qrtr of the USC game. I'm not sure which game after USC I actually started calling for his head, but it was certainly by halftime of the OSU game.

yeah, I was at that Ball State game and was getting thoroughly frustrated after every play.

It was weird because before last year there were games where I'd wonder how we we played so terrible...but then a game or two later we'd do something awesome that would get me excited again. Callahan liked to play with my emotions!

The Ball State game was horrendous, but when i really lost faith was after the Missouri Massacre. I had a great night planned out to watch the MU game with some friends, but the game got out of hand FAST!! I ended up changing the channel (the only time ive done so) in the 4th quarter. I was sooooo pissed.

i never had any doubts about the offense. that seemed to click. lucky's numbers are a testament to that.

the defense was the problem. cripes, 51 points against colorado and nebraska STILL loses?

it's like what bill in lincoln said, "offense wins games, defense loses jobs."

I put after the end of the third season. The play calling in the Auburn game combined with questionable personnel moves earlier in the season just broke me. I remember after we lost the Cotton Bowl I didn't feel devastated like I usually do after a Husker loss and I knew something was wrong. I had come to expect letdowns in big games. That was the end of my faith in Bill.

I felt going into the 4th season the future success of Callahan was a big mystery to me. I still had hopes, but deep down I wasn't so certain. I agree with several posters that the USC game did me in. No, I didn't expect NU to win that game, but I expected them to compete better. USC had way too easy of a time in our house. I expected a hard-earned victory by the Trojans.

The Missouri game. It was then that I realized he just had no clue what to do about this situation. I'd never heard of a team collapsing like we did that night, not after the hopes we had and the Big XII appearance the season before. It was like waking up from a nightmare, leaving a cult. I don't know. After that one I just knew that no one could support this coach if you wanted to appeal to reason and logic as your basis.