Things Callahan did right..

• 7 years later...

Going through this thread kinda makes me appreciate the scale of our potential issues if there is indeed a breakdown of trust between veterans on the team and coaches trying to come in and do their job in year 1.

Culture change is the theme of this year. It may be bumpy, or it may happen smoothly.

• Fire 1

Going through this thread kinda makes me appreciate the scale of our potential issues if there is indeed a breakdown of trust between veterans on the team and coaches trying to come in and do their job in year 1.

Culture change is the theme of this year. It may be bumpy, or it may happen smoothly.

It truly is the theme of this year. I knew it a long time ago, and I think you did too.

I spent a lot of time here trying to convince people that there was a lot more issues on this team than what we see on the football field on Saturday. Some people have adamantly denied that fact, and they have been shown to be wrong. How anyone is even blind to the culture issues here is beyond me.

Riley and his staff have a lot in front of them. This isn't an easy fix. Nobody should've even thought this would be easy. It's not everyday a nine win coach is fired and not every coach is such a polarizing figure like Pelini. Bo took the cake in the battle of love/hate. I'm sure there are guys on this team who probably hated the dipsh*t. Then you've got those guys who love him and still do. Just as Bo taught them, when things don't go your way you need to flip out, create havoc and find someone to blame.

We've got to flush this stuff out.

In an effort to generate fresh offseason discussion, let's talk about things that Callahan did right in his stay at NU. Please, no sarcastic or angry posts about him doing nothing right or being good at sucking or etc., this is meant to be an honest thread. Here's a few..

* '05 Colorado game. How many people actually thought we were going to win this game? I remember I did, but I also remember that I was made fun of for thinking so and couldn't find anyone who shared that viewpoint. Anyways, what an awesome feeling it was to watch that game. Completely dominating and embarassing our least liked of "rivals". Great stuff.

* Clean program. Subtracting the Purify incident (didn't get too much of a punishment, at least as far as we know) he kept his players in line well and didn't allow for a lot of misconduct. Hard to do these days.

Feel free to add your own or discuss those already posted before you.

The one thing Callahan did pretty well was recruit. he also did really well when he had two weeks to prepare (the 05 CO game noted above). He had his share of misses but he did bring Mr. Sue to town...