Glenn

From journalstar.com blog:

Glenn at linebacker

Cody Glenn, as reported earlier, is indeed practicing at linebacker. Glenn was wearing a red jersey and working with the linebackers at the start of today's spring practice at Memorial Stadium.

Also of note: Mike Rozier is at practice and speaking with the running backs.

Here is Sipple's latest post on the journalstar blog:

Pelini on Glenn, scrimmaging

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said senior Cody Glenn performed well in his first practice Wednesday at linebacker. Glenn asked to move from running back.

"He showed some signs of being a guy that can help us there," Pelini said. "But he's just learning. It was his first day. We'll see where it goes from there.

"It doesn't happen overnight, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. He did some good things out there today. It was good to see."

Pelini said Glenn is working at the WILL position.

"But God only knows where he could end up," Pelini said.

Asked if the move was permanent, Pelini responded: "Nothing's ever permanent."

Later, Pelini said, "If he ever decides to go back, so be it.

"It wasn't something we pressed him and asked him to do. It's something that really came from the kid."

Pelini described Glenn as sharp and intelligent and "a heck of an athlete."

"He was playing well at running back. He came to us and asked if we thought he could help the football team there (at linebacker). He's a team guy. He's a great guy."

In other news, the Huskers scrimmaged live for about 20-25 plays.

"We wanted to see these guys tackle and play football and see the aggressiveness," Pelini said. "We saw a lot of good things on both sides of the ball. We'll do a lot of that coming up. But we did it within the structure of the practice so we're still getting done what we need to get done.

"It's not all about just going out and having 200-play scrimmages. We have to continue to progress, and that kind of format allows us to get that done.

"The effort's good. We're making progress. We're seeing our guys getting better. The attitude's great, and we're excited."

Also, Pelini said linebacker Austin Stafford is missing practice because of personal reasons. There is no timetable for his return, but Pelini said Stafford would be back.

I don't.

You can know that they are ready to go at it 100% or whatever without also having rifts on the team.

That is all well and good verses our opponents. I want to see some hunger on the practice field...good verses evil...offense verses defense, pride verses pride.

I just don't know if this was a good move by Cody.

He's got a lot of work to do. Going into his senior year and having never played that position before. I just don't know if he'll be able to perform at the Big XII level.

I guess we'll see how it goes, but he's going to have to work his butt off.

Wasn't he recruited as a LB by UT?

I also think he was all district in Highschool at Outside Linebacker or DE.

Edit:

I guess he was only used at DE during the playoffs his Sr Yr at Rusk..But still, DE's usually practice with the OLBs when they are separated into respective units..And those of you who played at a small enough school, probably played both Offense and Defense..The Slow LBs played Guard on Offense..The faster LB's played Running Back.

I still wanna see someone get into it and trade some punches....then I will know that they are ready to go at it 100% with some pride.

that's already happened, twice if i remember right both were big uglies in the trenches that wanted some more time with each other;)

I still wanna see someone get into it and trade some punches....then I will know that they are ready to go at it 100% with some pride.

that's already happened, twice if i remember right both were big uglies in the trenches that wanted some more time with each other;)

Yeah!! Too bad there isn't some video of it.... :box:box

Rozier's comments:

ROZIER MAKES APPEARANCE: Heisman Trophy winner and former Husker Mike Rozier was present at the beginning of Wednesday’s practice.

Running backs stopped their opening drills for about five minutes, huddling around Rozier to hear him speak.

Rozier said he told the players: “Just don’t do anything to embarrass Nebraska. ... When you put that uniform on, once you get done playing ball and you say you play for Nebraska, good is good.”

Rozier lives in New Jersey but is in town for an autograph-signing session. He admitted he hadn’t watched enough football recently to comment about NU’s current running backs.

“Hey, Mike, you want to suit up and run a few plays?” Pelini asked as he walked past Rozier.

Rozier said he’s impressed with Pelini’s abilities as a defensive coach, but said people shouldn’t expect drastic improvement on that side of the ball to just happen overnight.

He maybe hadn’t been watching a lot of football lately, but he had certainly seen some scores.

“Seventy (blanking) points against Kansas?” Rozier said. “That was embarrassing.”

Rozier's comments:

ROZIER MAKES APPEARANCE: Heisman Trophy winner and former Husker Mike Rozier was present at the beginning of Wednesday’s practice.

Running backs stopped their opening drills for about five minutes, huddling around Rozier to hear him speak.

Rozier said he told the players: “Just don’t do anything to embarrass Nebraska. ... When you put that uniform on, once you get done playing ball and you say you play for Nebraska, good is good.”

Rozier lives in New Jersey but is in town for an autograph-signing session. He admitted he hadn’t watched enough football recently to comment about NU’s current running backs.

“Hey, Mike, you want to suit up and run a few plays?” Pelini asked as he walked past Rozier.

Rozier said he’s impressed with Pelini’s abilities as a defensive coach, but said people shouldn’t expect drastic improvement on that side of the ball to just happen overnight.

He maybe hadn’t been watching a lot of football lately, but he had certainly seen some scores.

“Seventy (blanking) points against Kansas?” Rozier said. “That was embarrassing.”

:yeah