Practice Notes 4/4/08

Ekeler draws a crowd

Kind of a zoo at Memorial Stadium Friday, with more than 700 coaches in town for Nebraska's spring coaching clinic.

During Friday's first part of practice, the biggest crowd was around Mike Ekeler's linebackers.

"C'mon! Faster! I want better feet!" Ekeler shouted.

Yes, Cody Glenn remains with the linebackers. It's evident he's in the beginning stages of learning his new position.

Appalachian State coach Jerry Moore will be a guest speaker at the clinic Saturday.

Tight end Tyson Hetzer (knee), wideout Will Henry (hamstring) and I-back Kenny Wilson (leg) remain sidelined.

Henry, while not in uniform, is jogging along the boundaries of the field.

Recruits Sean Fisher and Will Compton were also on hand. Tom Osborne watched some of the practice from the upper levels of the South Stadium.

Link

Crick moves to DT; Glenn gets a pick

A few final notes from Friday:

Redshirt freshman Jared Crick of Cozad has moved to defensive tackle after starting his career last season as a defensive end. The 6-foot-6 Crick is offically listed at 270 pounds.

"Right now, he's a little underweight," Carl Pelini said. "But again, we addressed the weight issue in the winter. We asked a lot of guys to drop weight. He dropped about 14 pounds, so he's a little undersized at this point. But the one thing he has is great speed off the ball. He's getting into blockers. If he uses that speed to his advantage, that size differential isn't going to mean anything."

Meanwhile, Cody Glenn had his familiar No. 34 on his new red defensive jersey (the offense wears white jerseys in practice). Glenn practiced with a number-less red jersey Wednesday, his first day on defense after three seasons as an I-back. Oh yes, Glenn came up with an interception Friday.

"I kind of let the tight end think he had me, then Beau (Davis) threw it and I broke on it and almost took it to the house," Glenn said smiling. "We weren't even scrimmaging and they tackled me."

Link

on a side note, it appears we acquired another LB...his name is Joey Camarata and his unofficial stats are 5'10" 220lbs. all i know is that he was a Senior in 2006, at Rockhurst High in Missouri.

Hey i know Joey.. he went to Lincoln Southeast for his 1st two years of high school before moving to Missouri.. he spent last semester at Baylor, before transferring this semester back to Nebraska. I don't know how good of a player he is or anything, haven't seen him since sophomore year, but i've talked to him a few different times and found out over christmas break that he was back in nebraska and on the team...