Has Anyone Heard...

...what NU games will be on TV (i.e., with the games with the Broncs be on TV)?

I know it's really early, but I'm anxious to see the new NU in action.

The times of the home games haven't even been announced. And unless NU really starts strong, it's unlikely that they will be on national TV at all. The top teams are the ones that get the TV exposure.

The times of the home games haven't even been announced. And unless NU really starts strong, it's unlikely that they will be on national TV at all. The top teams are the ones that get the TV exposure.

Well yeah, but there are also numerous people that are interested what the new NU will look like. I know VT vs. NU will be on TV, but I'm hoping one (if not all) of the early games are on TV, or at the very least, on PPV.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, I'm dying here!!!

I'd be surprised if the Western Michigan game isn't on tv, or at least PPV. I'd imagine that no fewer than 10 games will be on tv this year. That seems to be the norm(even in bad times).

I like your answer better than MUTigerFan's response...

I'm sure several will be on PPV. Free in the local bars. If not, you can sit outside the stadium, near the columns on the east side, and watch instant replays on the jumbotron :)

I would disagree with that. We played against Nevada last year and that was on TV. And most rival games will be on TV regardless if they are ranked or not. I thought that Nebraska had a deal with FSN or something like that or am I wrong???

I would disagree with that. We played against Nevada last year and that was on TV. And most rival games will be on TV regardless if they are ranked or not. I thought that Nebraska had a deal with FSN or something like that or am I wrong???

Last year Nebraska entered the season ranked and defending Big 12 North champ. That's not the case this year, and given the small TV market of Nebraska (compared to StL/KC or Tulsa/OkC or Texas), IMO the Huskers won't see a lot of TV.

Last year Nebraska entered the season ranked and defending Big 12 North champ. That's not the case this year, and given the small TV market of Nebraska (compared to StL/KC or Tulsa/OkC or Texas), IMO the Huskers won't see a lot of TV.

The fact that it's Nebraska is why we'll be on TV.

The Big XII has a deal with FSN to pick up a certain number of games that aren't shown by ESPN for each team. Plus, with the tradition of Nebraska and its rivals its pretty much guaranteed that you'll see the Virginia Tech game, the Oklahoma game, the Colorado game and probably the Missouri or Kansas game, maybe both. Apparently the Iowa State game will also be televised, so that's almost half the season right there.

Here's my predictions:

Western Michigan: PPV

San Jose State: FSN or PPV . . . they were a bowl team

New Mexico State: None

Virginia Tech: ABC

Missouri: ABC if we beat VT, ESPN if we don't

Texas Tech: FSN

Iowa State: ESPN

Baylor: None

Oklahoma: It WILL be televised, but where will depend on our record

Kansas: FSN

Kansas State: None

Colorado: ABC

So there you go . . . can you tell I'm a little bit bored? :koolaid2:

Nebraska isn't like Mizzou... we are one TV no matter what unless we really fall off the map. We had one terrible year and now a renewed interest around the program will put us on TV.

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but thats just how it is, they will put teams on that will get viewers.

Western Michigan will be on tv in someway. Hell Nevada got on ABC with us last year in our first game so I wouldn't be to surprised if Western Michigan got on a early day ABC game with us. The first game of a new era will garner some interest from networks, and probably a minimum of Pay Per View, but realistically ESPN.

From there I don't see another game on anything but PPV until VT comes to town.

I assume that NU will have just as many games televised as they did last year. The Big 12 North should get a lot of exposure since we are all unproven, many want to see if we can have the same success as we did last year, and of course want to see what Bo can do.