The Tide are talkin about our spring game sellout

Nate

Nothing bad about going over there and posting as long as we keep it clean, we do after all have our reputation to protect :)

:yeah Yeah, we don't like when someone comes over here and talks trash...I just don't know where they get off bragging about one sellout. They haven't seen glory since Bear Bryant.... :clap

Bama didnt even sell out, they just have a bunch of free-loader fans. They've got some pretty good history, but they really havent done anything in the last decade or so, so why even come after nebraska? They should take the 10 dollars they saved, buy a nick saban poster, some candles, and some lotion and have a huge gay bama circle jerk.

Nothing bad about going over there and posting as long as we keep it clean, we do after all have our reputation to protect :)

:yeah Yeah, we don't like when someone comes over here and talks trash...I just don't know where they get off bragging about one FREEout. They haven't seen glory since Bear Bryant.... :clap

Fixed it for ya. Before it implied they actually sold tickets and we know better. Even if they use the word sellout we know better. We know what it REALLY means.

Actually....we don't have a sell out even when we give the Spring Game tickets away. We usually end up busing in a bunch of people from the homeless shelters in the area and telling them we'll give them free food and beer if they'll sit in the stands till the game is over just to make the place look full.

The key is good planning...once, we fed them during halftime and none of them came back! How embarrasing THAT was.... <_<

Can't say I really care what Alabama fans are talking about. If they have a stadium full of 500,000 fans watching their spring game, good for them. I guess that means they are better than us or something? Whatever the case, can't say I really care.

Just wanted to let my opinion be known...

To get 500,000 they would have to borrow people from Mississippi.... :nutz

I can't let this thread go without my ultimate Alabama story:

I know a woman who is an avid Alabama football fan (and she is also totally HOT...but that's beside the point)...and a couple of years ago she got me an Alabama jacket (obviously a ploy to get me to turn my allegiance from Nebraska and..to a lesser extent...ISU...to Alabama. Sex would have been quicker and less expensive than a jacket...but that too is beside the point). So...she gives me the jacket and on one breast is an elephant with a big A on it. Knowing nothing much about Alabama other than I thought they were the Crimson Tide, I asked her:

"What the heck is the elephant all about...I thought Alabama was the Crimson Tide?"

"That's our mascot..."

"What the hell does an elephant have to do with Alabama?"

"They both start with the same letter silly....Alabama....Alephant...See?"

Fantastic southern accent and dumber than a post....my type of woman!

I know a woman who is an avid Alabama football fan (and she is also totally HOT...but that's beside the point)...and a couple of years ago she got me an Alabama jacket (obviously a ploy to get me to turn my allegiance from Nebraska and..to a lesser extent...ISU...to Alabama. Sex would have been quicker and less expensive than a jacket...but that too is beside the point). So...she gives me the jacket and on one breast is an elephant with a big A on it. Knowing nothing much about Alabama other than I thought they were the Crimson Tide, I asked her:

"What the heck is the elephant all about...I thought Alabama was the Crimson Tide?"

"That's our mascot..."

:clap I like 'em dumb...and sexy.

"That's our mascot..."

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Gentlemen - Alabama fans are very loyal fans (just like we are). I've posted a couple messages over there and have received nothing but respect. I think we should offer them the same.

They're proud that they had 92K+ fans at their spring game. They should be.

We're both storied programs back on the rise. They're pumped, we're pumped.

GO BIG RED!

What a bunch of losers. I was in Tuscaloosa Saturday before the game. Their game day tailgating is weak...lol. They will never have the sellouts to match Nebraska. At least in Nebraska you can tell who is going to the game by all the red...they act like they are going to a picnic down there, just wear what ever falls off the dresser that morning.

dedhoarse I bet their Spring Game tickets didn't sell on Tickethippo for $50 or more each either. :box If the tickets weren't free, I bet they wouldn't get 30,000 to show up...and that is including the recruits.

We moved from Lincoln to Birmingham in 1980. I remain an unwaivering Huskers fan, and I still get back up to Lincoln for as many games as I can (never enough). I've just got to defend the Bammers a bit. Since my wife and most of my friends down here are rabid Alabama fans, I've been to a lot of 'bama games , both in Tuscaloosa and in Birmingham over the years (and, off-topic, to a number of Auburn games as well, which is a better game-day experience than 'bama, imo). I'm not sure what you saw, but it's nothing like what I've experienced. The fans are great, there's plenty of crimson and energy. The tailgating is far from weak. It's nothing like a game in Memorial Stadium, imo, but it's anything but lame. These people down here are as crazy about their football as almost anyone I've seen. Nebraska fans may be unmatched in our devotion and support, but lets not overstate the supposed lameness of a really great football program with (mostly) great fans.

What a bunch of losers. I was in Tuscaloosa Saturday before the game. Their game day tailgating is weak...lol. They will never have the sellouts to match Nebraska. At least in Nebraska you can tell who is going to the game by all the red...they act like they are going to a picnic down there, just wear what ever falls off the dresser that morning.

dedhoarse I bet their Spring Game tickets didn't sell on Tickethippo for $50 or more each either. :box If the tickets weren't free, I bet they wouldn't get 30,000 to show up...and that is including the recruits.

We moved from Lincoln to Birmingham in 1980. I remain an unwaivering Huskers fan, and I still get back up to Lincoln for as many games as I can (never enough). I've just got to defend the Bammers a bit. Since my wife and most of my friends down here are rabid Alabama fans, I've been to a lot of 'bama games , both in Tuscaloosa and in Birmingham over the years (and, off-topic, to a number of Auburn games as well, which is a better game-day experience than 'bama, imo). I'm not sure what you saw, but it's nothing like what I've experienced. The fans are great, there's plenty of crimson and energy. The tailgating is far from weak. It's nothing like a game in Memorial Stadium, imo, but it's anything but lame. These people down here are as crazy about their football as almost anyone I've seen. Nebraska fans may be unmatched in our devotion and support, but lets not overstate the supposed lameness of a really great football program with (mostly) great fans.

That's where the woman who gave me my Alabama jacket lives! True about Alabama fans too...fanatical bunch (good thing) who have an overriding desire to blast Auburn each and every year. Can't have a successful season at Alabama unless you kill Auburn...

If you run into a hot blonde who can't pronounce "elephant"...tell her I said "Hi".