To The People Who Attended The Spring Game

I wasn't there and only could only listen on the radio but I like the fact that the coaches addressed the scrimmage just like the other 14 practices of the spring and were still in teaching mode. Maybe in future years that won't be necessary but with the new staff this was a good approach.

On a side note: My Dad went to the spring game, his first time in Memorial stadium since 1968 and he enjoyed himself greatly. He had been very anti-Callahan and likes everything he sees from Coach Pelini.

Didn't this spring game used to be an actual game, with 1st offense and 2nd defense vs 1st defense and 2nd offense? That way 1 vs 1 and 2s vs 2s... and you had very competative games. This scrimmage was better than Callahan, which is what UT used to do under Mack Brown until this year. He would have big blow outs by the starters and hype folks up. This is better.

I wasn't complaining, I was very pleased with the Spring Game. I had a lot of fun and it was great to watch some Husker football for the first time since November.

The post wasn't directed at you, but to some of the other threads I've been seeing that they feel that it was a rip-off. I agree, it was great to have some football to watch. I really hate the layoff between the bowls and the kickoff to the season.

No offense taken ;)

Was it just me or was it particularly hard to enjoy with the Pelini format? I think it was a better use of the scrimmage as far as the players actually getting something out of it, but it just seemed to get boring. It was a practice scrimmage in front of 80,000 instead of a game which it had been the last 4 years or any year I had ever gone.

It's probably a good thing because the last 4 years we had BC in there having our starters run the score up to give unreasonable expectations to the fan base. I'm not complaining because I think this format is more beneficial to the players, but just seeing if I was the only one who felt this way.

Dont know about you, but I wasnt bored... I knew it was a show of Defense and the progress the team is making. Didnt you see the D swarming to the ball? Good God... even Wortman (A WALK ON) was out to prove the progress is all about defense. Did you see the fumble he caused and then the big hits he made? We know Shawn Watson will score points, what we dont know is if our D can stop the other team from doing so. And if you want action on the offensive side, just look at Castille running over Thenarse!

Its going to be a good year and I was pleased with the game... as if my opinion means anything.