I feel like us as husker fans will be in for a long season

Just wait,,this could be a very long year.

The spring game IMO was a complete bust...i mean what does it say about the defense when Helu runs over a line and knocks down a linebacker?

And lets face it Glenn is a good athlete but he sucked at pass defense looked lost half the time.

Our Defensive backs looked ok but not great.

The D-line looked ok.

I am still not sold on Joe Ganz, it is kinda sad he is out best QB.

Marlon Lucky stunk up the place.

I think we should be happy with a 6-6 season...7+ wins almost seem out of the question.

I pray they prove me wrong.

Bo Pelini has been there for what 3 months? Its only a spring game it is just away to get fans to excite the fans not an indication of how they will play 5 months from now. Hell most of the recruits are still in high school whaling on 14 year old freshmen.

The last few games of the season were enough to have me sold on Ganz, If you can put up 50+ points on Colorado your not a bust in my opinion. It doesnt matter to me if he cant throw against Nebraska's secondary in spring because quite frankly he will never have to do that. He took apart K state's and Colorado's defense in the regular season and that is what matters not what happens when they are trying to sell tickets and excite the fan base.

From Kansas's spring training game last year do you think people saw a BCS team in them?

I think we can expect the same out of Ganz as we saw in his three games last year: a solid QB 90% of the time slightly prone to throwing a pick when he tries to push. I'm not really worried about him, but I do share your apprehensions about defense. There's a chance we could see only marginal improvement on defense this year.

holy cow, Pelini hasn't coached a regular season game yet and some are ready to throw the team under the bus?

patience......p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e. anyone thinking instant improvement in 3 months? hell, Pelini is still evaluating his crew and positions. as bad as our D was last year and they stunk the place up, we have few proven players returning who will have an impact on D....as i have said numerous time and will say throughout the season, this will take time!

IT WAS THE F-ING SPRING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!! Bo is just getting these guys into his coaching style/philosophy. Of course the defense is going to look a little off....my god, they were off all of last year brother!

I am not expecting a huge season this next year. If it goes the same and the players are actually playing hard and doing their job, it will be a success. Too many times last year, the players just gave up and just didn't care if they got their a** kicked.....NO PRIDE due to no leadership at coaching.

so we had an offense that ended the year scoring in bunches last year, but lost b/c our defense gave up 70 pts a game

by my account, i think our offense has a chance to be better this year,

1. our qb is relatively proven, no one knew which keller we were going to get last year

2. our backfield is stacked

3. our line is as good, if not better, only thing we lost was nicks and burkes will fill that hole

4. we have enough receivers to fill the void we lost, and with ganz running everywhere, receivers are bound to get open

as for the defense,

all we have to do is stop a team half the time, hold them under 50 pts, which we had no chance in hell of doing last year, if we do that, we'll be better

the worst part about last year is that the last 6-7 games, everyone expected us to give up 50+pts, and WE ALWAYS DID

that is pride, bo pelini will make that change

i really don't care what we do this year, just be competitive

the thing i hated about last year is that by the end of the first quarter i didn't want to watch the defense anymore b/c it was painful, there is no where to go but up

Also the defense was horrible last year and lost a few starters...you can tell me you expect a quick fix.

A few of the big 12 offenses are going to rip them up(Tech, OU, Mizzou) it could get ugly.

Although i guess i am a pessimist and i would rather predict an underachieving season than thinking we will go out and win 9 games(which is really out of the question).

I kinda want to fast forward to next year.

Just 2 thoughts on this post.

1. Remember how we were sky high during the summer of Callahan's last season. Talk of beating USC and contending for the Natl Champ. Conclusion - Don't judge the season based on a spring game.

2. The goal was to get NU to play with intensity, teamwork, emotion and pride. Re-establish the foundation of NU football. Elements that are the key to success. I think Bo is finding out which players are there for themselves vs there for the NU team.

If they play like a NU team next year, I'll be satisfied. That's much more important than the record. What's that engraving on the stadium wall say?.... “Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.”

The W-L record isn't mentioned..... but that will come AFTER the action, the game and the glory.

Yeah this spring game means that we'll have a terrible season. Absolutely right.

Just like we had a great season after Joe Dailey threw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs in the 2004 spring game. If I remember correctly, Nebraska went undefeated that year and Dailey won the heisman for his laser-like passing ability.

In all seriousness, I remember a couple years ago when OU had a spring game and they had Adrian Peterson wear a blue no tackle jersey, if that tells you how seriously coaches take the spring game. It's just a total joke of a game that they play for the fans. Spring games mean absolutely nothing. It's just cool to see the players and pretend like it's fall.

IT WAS THE F-ING SPRING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!! Bo is just getting these guys into his coaching style/philosophy. Of course the defense is going to look a little off....my god, they were off all of last year brother!

I am not expecting a huge season this next year. If it goes the same and the players are actually playing hard and doing their job, it will be a success. Too many times last year, the players just gave up and just didn't care if they got their a** kicked.....NO PRIDE due to no leadership at coaching.

:yeah

Except that I think that we'll have a great year come next year.

Just 2 thoughts on this post.

1. Remember how we were sky high during the summer of Callahan's last season. Talk of beating USC and contending for the Natl Champ. Conclusion - Don't judge the season based on a spring game.

2. The goal was to get NU to play with intensity, teamwork, emotion and pride. Re-establish the foundation of NU football. Elements that are the key to success. I think Bo is finding out which players are there for themselves vs there for the NU team.

If they play like a NU team next year, I'll be satisfied. That's much more important than the record. What's that engraving on the stadium wall say?.... “Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.”

The W-L record isn't mentioned..... but that will come AFTER the action, the game and the glory.

:yeah amen, brother!