I feel like us as husker fans will be in for a long season

I feel like us as husker fans will be in for a long season

I hope you're right..

These off-seasons are way too long.

We need to start playing in some more Kickoff Classics and January Bowls again...

Kickoff Classics:

Yr Attendance score MVP

1983 71,123 Nebraska 44 Penn State 6 Turner Gill QB Nebraska

1988 58,172 Nebraska 23 Texas A&M 14 Steve Taylor QB Nebraska

1994 58,233 Nebraska 31 West Virginia 0 Tommie Frazier QB Nebraska

I just want to see the team have a chance to win by the fourth quarter. It was painful to watch them playing catchup football, half way through the 3rd quarter. No matter how well they played in the first half , last years coaching staff never had a plan or was able to make any adjustments after halftime, to match up when the other teams changed their attack on offense or defense. One game plan stick to it no matter what the other team switched to, was all Cally knew.

If you want to put any thing into the spring game, compare it to last years and this years team. Fans were raving about how good the team looked last year and look how they ended up. Going by that thinking we should win about 10 to 12 games as bad as some people think we looked this year.

Give this staff time and I think we will see it get better each game and each season. There is one hell of a good coach sitting in his office as AD, that I'm willing to bet, has and will have his brain picked for ideas by a few of the coaches as the season gos on.

GBR!!!

:wtf What...are you a bunch of f-ing morons or what? Give me a break. Do you even remember what the last season was like? If you have nothing, nothing at all, positive to say, then just shut the hell up. Do you expect Bo to come in and wave a magic wand and in 14 practices have everything perfect? If so, you are a f=ing moron, and I don't care if I do get banned...that is my not so humble opinion.

What a bunch of ingrates. You make all this judgment on 14 practices and a scrimmage. What losers. :angry: When we have a good season, I hope you just keep your mouths shut, or are you just going to criticize then too? If you are real Husker fans, you take the good and the bad, and you hope for the best, not rip everyone before the season has even started. What pessimists you are...

Your warning level has been increased for the above post. A second violation will result in a temporary ban, a third in a permanent ban.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so long as they don't make personal attacks on other posters. If you are so easily offended by that, I suggest you take it to the Woodshed, use the Ignore function, or find another board on which to post.

You made your point...I am out of here for a while, maybe people will begin to see positive thing as the season begins, but I am tired of everyone being so negative on this board.

If I have learned anything at all it is THE CURSE OF CALLAHAN = PEOPLE SPEWING NEGATIVITY. I have never seen it to this degree before Callahan came along, now it seems nobody is willing to give anyone a chance, they only see the negative. After only 14 practices and a scrimmage...they are ready to throw the team in the tank and quit.

Maybe I will see you in the fall...

Bo Pelini has been there for what 3 months? Its only a spring game it is just away to get fans to excite the fans not an indication of how they will play 5 months from now. Hell most of the recruits are still in high school whaling on 14 year old freshmen.

The last few games of the season were enough to have me sold on Ganz, If you can put up 50+ points on Colorado your not a bust in my opinion. It doesnt matter to me if he cant throw against Nebraska's secondary in spring because quite frankly he will never have to do that. He took apart K state's and Colorado's defense in the regular season and that is what matters not what happens when they are trying to sell tickets and excite the fan base.

From Kansas's spring training game last year do you think people saw a BCS team in them?

Thats true, but what happens when Mizzou rolls into town? I am a bit worried about that one.

OMG wow someone has an opinion that differs from the WE ARE GOING TO KICK ASS scenario and you sheep all chime in about how they cant be true Husker fans. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, PERIOD. I happen to partially agree with this poster.

1. Defense, I think we will be drastically improved, but Tech Mizzou OU have a very good chance of shredding us even with the improvements.

2. the runnin game - I think lucky will have a monster year, but if not Roy and quentin will be fine. With new Blocking schemes and attitude i think our running game will be much improved.

3. WR- Major problem. It is very scary when your GaNAZINATOR LMAO states that my go to guys are swift and petersen. That should scare the most loyal of fans. They are 2 possession WR with change of possession hands. they cant separate and drop as many as they catch. Currenski, has speed but it remains to be seen if he can hang on to the ball. WR is a huge problem IMO

4. OL will be way better which will keep us in more games and let our running game be drastically improved.

5. DL same players new scheme better coaches means they will be better RIGHT?

6. LB OH BOY scary. I think Dillard will be very good, but after that it is a crap shoot. I think they will make more plays than last year but there is going to be mental lapses as well due to youngsters and newbies playing significant minutes.

7. Secondary will be fine. Our safeties are real good and i believe our CB will be a surprise.

8. QB oh the QB Ganz is there he will do ok, nothing great. The problem i have with the QB position is; to win 9 plus games in College football you need a QB that can win you a game. I dont see that happening. I see several games where Ganz will be there and do fine and we will be in the game and win and I see a few games where we will need the QB to step it up and carry us to victory and that is where i think you'll see Ganz disappear. Our QB position is as weak as the WR and DL and LB. we have a consumate team player who knows the system like the back of his hand so he will do average most of the time, but we also have a QB that is undertalented with a very weak arm who tends to force the ball when the going is tough. This will happen a few times too and will cost us the chance to win a few games.

Bottom line is i think8-4 tops more likely 7-5.

Vtech i think is the kicker. Regardless of new players they will come in and play serious D. Ganz will more than likely make a mistake or two that will cost us this game Hope Not but Most Likely IMO

Mizzou - Ganz is going to have to play perfect, no TO's cuz mizzou will score a lot. we cant beat them imo this year

OU - could be rough. They are top 3-4 in country and we are at there house

Tech- Improved D means they will score a lot and therefore we will have to as well. This will be a real high scoring game but this is another game that will come down to Ganz not being as efficient as needed and a few picks later we lose

KU is better than us right now. They are coming off a great season and have a great coach that has installed a system and philosophy that they have all bought into. They will fall off eventually but i think this year they beat us at home. I hope not but i do.

Bo will get us there, but you have to have the horses. I do believe we have talent but a lot of it is young and unproven. Until they are ready you have to go with what you got. That means that we have to see Ganz and Swift and Petersen and Wortman and Glenn and Ty and Dixon

and when those are the guys that you have to count on then you have to expect IMO that you will be average at best. It is very hard to be elite and compete for championships with avg players especially at skill positions like QB and WR

Also the defense was horrible last year and lost a few starters...you can tell me you expect a quick fix.

A few of the big 12 offenses are going to rip them up(Tech, OU, Mizzou) it could get ugly.

Although i guess i am a pessimist and i would rather predict an underachieving season than thinking we will go out and win 9 games(which is really out of the question).

I kinda want to fast forward to next year.

Well I do expect somewhat of a quick fix on the defensive side. Due to the fact that we were SO AWFUL last year, I think we could get better by leaps and bounds... but still be mediocre. Say we improve our total defense from 117th or so to 50th or so? That would be an enormous improvement and it would be totally feasible.

I definitely am not saying that we're going to be a top unit, nor am I confident that we will not get shredded by the offenses of the teams you mentioned, but it will be much better. We have a very decent amount of talent on our defense and if we can just get more out of them we should be fine. Gone at least are the days of being down 38-0 at halftime to Oklahoma St. and NEVER EVER being able to stop an opposing team on 3rd down.

I certainly understand your pessimism and not wanting to be let down by NU yet again, but I find that being a fan is usually the most fun if you put on your rose colored goggles and sip the kool-aid. So then, here's to Nebraska- 2008 National Champions. :koolaid2:

I certainly understand your pessimism and not wanting to be let down by NU yet again, but I find that being a fan is usually the most fun if you put on your rose colored goggles and sip the kool-aid. So then, here's to Nebraska- 2008 National Champions. :koolaid2:

He's right you know...If I can stay optimistic and hopeful about my football team year after year.......after year......after year......after year......after year.....after...(you get the point), you can surely do it for a little while.

Awesome thread.

It's the spring game.

A draft spring game at that. The hardest part of the whole damn thing was you couldn't tell if the #1 offense or #1 defense played well together. It made for a more competitive game, but that's about it.

Gleaning anything from it is useless.

Gleaning anything from it is useless.

Except for the thousands of dollars the Athletic Department raked in from ticket sales. That definitely was not "useless"...

Yea.... and the Mizzou game which was so "sad", raised thousands of cans of food for the Mid-Missouri Food Bank - a tradition begun by the recently deceased Coach Larry Smith. Price of admission was 3 cans of food (or $3)

OMG wow someone has an opinion that differs from the WE ARE GOING TO KICK ASS scenario and you sheep all chime in about how they cant be true Husker fans. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, PERIOD. I happen to partially agree with this poster.

You've swung from one extreme to the other.

I don't think we'll suck, but we won't be OMG AWESOME!111 BO RULELSS!!