Anyone on here have one and can make any suggestions on which package to buy? I'm ready to get one pretty soon and there's so many damn packages you can choose from. I want to be able to play Live of course and all that. Played some Call of Duty on Live lately and can't get enough of it. Any advice helps, thanks.

I bought the middle one, it is nice to have the wireless controller and have built in memory. Also can play most old X-box games. There is no HD dvd player unless you get Elite though, but all can play DVD. It is all what you think you need and how much you are willing to pay

the 360 ONLY has dvd. The HDDVD was an add-on, which with the demise of HDDVD is now worthless. The "arcade" level has no hard drive. The other two do. Make sure you get one with HDMI. You will also need to shell out more money if you want wireless internet. Beyond this, I dont know, I'm a PS3 guy.

I can't, in good faith, recommend buying a 360 at all, so I guess I shouldn't have posted.

=/

I hear ya, the 360 has no advantage over the PS3, quite the opposite really. Unless you are a hardcore Halo fan, or deeply in love with the epeen rankings of acheivements, the PS3 is the better buy.

I speak on behalf of the 360 fanboys on the board...

I would suggest the standard package with 20 gig hard drive and wireless controller. New should come standard with an HDMI port.

One of the bigger differences between the two are the online (Live, Home?), and while you have to pay $50 a year for Live, it has some great features.

Exclusives are rare these days and I don't want to start a board war over it. Halo is ok (CoD4 pwns), but the biggest one coming to the Xbox this year will be Gears of War 2.

If your using it for gaming, get the 360. If you want Bluray, get the PS3.

What you need to look at for gaming is who's IPs(intellectual properties) you like more. Sony owns a massive advantage in what they own outright for game lines. Something like 90% of the games are on both consoles, and with the bad early ports the PS3 got, everything is more or less equal now when it comes to cross console games(GTAIV actually gets the nudge to the PS3). Xbox has the achievement system, the PS3 has Home later this year, which is looking to have something similar. Xbox Live will run you $50 a year if you want to play online games. PSN is free for online gaming.

If you want to play online, PSN doesn't even compare to xbox live for starters. Also, depending what gametypes you like, you also gotta look at that. For sports, shooters, and western RPG's, the Xbox is better. If you like Eastern RPG's & Japanese games (MGS4, DMC) the PS3 is superior.

Well it didn't take long and I found an offer I couldn't refuse on the internet. I'm planning on getting an Xbox 360 Elite tomorrow for $375. It's only 2 months old and it comes with the following:

Xbox 360 Elite Console

Box and all instructions

HDMI Cable

Ethernet Cable

Play and Charge Cable (for controller)

Component/RCA Cable

Audio converter

Power Cable

120GB Hard Drive

Black Wireless controller w/ Rechargeable battery pack

Wireless Xbox 360 Media Remote (official brand)

Receipt from Best Buy

It also has a Xbox Live Gold membership that will last until August of 2009. It's ready to plug in and go for Live play. I'm just glad I'm getting an Elite and don't have to mess with buying any of the cables or anything. Not bad huh?

I wouldn't feel to comfortable getting a used 360 because the new ones break enough as it is, but I guess you should have a factory warranty anyway

Well yeah, but it's pretty much brand new and like you said I can get a new one anyway. I've heard the new ones(this one is only a couple months old) don't mess up like the older ones do and that the Elites are the most dependable.