David Cook is crowned the "Idol" winner

I actually tried out for American Idol 2 or 3 years ago up in Minneapolis. I am a country singer by heart and decided to give it a shot just so I would never ask myself "what if?" later on in life. I was shocked when I realized you had to go through two seperate stages before you actually got to Paula, Randy, and Simon. I also learned that in the first round there are something like 12 or 13 tables with 2 seperate co-producers sitting at them. Each individual table is told who they will let through, what type of genre, or if they are just plain embarrassing and will be good for the show. I could tell before I even got down there to audition that table #7 wasn't letting anyone through no matter how good they were, and there were some damn good people singing at this table.

What do ya know I step down on the floor and they point to me and tell me to go to table #7! I knew then that no matter how well I did I wasn't going to go through to the next round. It's all about ratings to them and getting goofy damn people through to boost these ratings. It's not truly about who's got the best talent and that ruined the show for me. The lady at table #7 told me I had a great voice, but it wasn't strong enough. I'm not one to talk about myself, but I was an all-state singer in high school and was in three different choirs that went around the Des Moines Metro Area and throughout the State of Iowa on different competitions. I've won several individual talent shows and I had to laugh when she said this because I have a big voice. The show is a joke................. <_<

My ex-girlfriend tried out in St. Louis a few years ago and she told all of us when she got back that it was a joke......maybe this is what she was talking about......hell I just thought that she said that is because she might not of had enough money to pay to get it or something. It's weird because she has a lot of awards for singing and went down to Lincoln like 2-3 years in a row to sing all-state choir down there in Lincoln and I think that all-state choir pick the best from schools in the same district...I think thats how it goes. She sings in a band around Sioux City and Vermillion, SD and their band is called Stealing Mercury.

Hey at lest you tried out though.

There is no way Cook will be as good as Daughtry!!!!!!

I agree Daughtry is freakin amazing!!!!

Or as hot as Carrie Underwood!!!

Yeah, I have to admit I would do naughty things to Carrie and give her the best 30 seconds of her life!!! I've said this to my wife before and she just laughs at me..............................I don't know why she is laughing though??? <_<

There is no way Cook will be as good as Daughtry!!!!!!

I agree Daughtry is freakin amazing!!!!

Or as hot as Carrie Underwood!!!

Yeah, I have to admit I would do naughty things to Carrie and give her the best 30 seconds of her life!!! I've said this to my wife before and she just laughs at me..............................I don't know why she is laughing though??? <_<

Because she wishes she could get 30 seconds from you.........