WR Uzoma Nwachukwu

Player: Uzoma Nwachukwu

Hometown: Allen, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 186 lbs.

40 time: 4.42

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Washington State, TCU

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Burner WR prospect is threat in the slot or potentially for vertical big gains. Gutsy, tough WR that will fight for the ball. From ESPN Evaluation: This is a player that has all the makings of a potential vertical threat, but is not utilized in that role with this team. Nwachukwu has very good speed and quickness, solid size and build and is an excellent route runner with upside in this area. Almost all of his production comes from out of the slot and he is very, very good in this role. Has the speed and quickness to beat man coverage, slip inside and work the middle of the field and also has a nice feel for finding soft spots in zone and working to get open. Has no fear over the middle and will go up in traffic and come down with the football. More here: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. He says we are in his top choices.

More here from Husker Journal on Nwachukwu (nu-WATCH-u-kwu). Near end of article he says we are in his top choices. Says he likes Mizzou in the article but then he doesn't list Mizzou in his favorites. Not sure where he will end up...I expect we will have to battle Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Also likens our offense to the spread.

MAY 31, 2008. PREP STAR

UZOMA NWACHUKWA, WR, 6-0, 187, 4.41, ALLEN, TX

Uzoma has offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Washington State, Missouri, Oklahoma and others.

“I like Nebraska I recently talked to Coach John Papuchis he sounded pretty good.” said Nwachukwa, “JP said I could play early and they wanted to upgrade their receiving corps and they needed a player like me. JP said it’s all about the players (At Nebraska) not just winning just a positive atmosphere.”

“I’m not sure if I will visit them (Nebraska) this summer. I’m going to try to visit schools that offered me.” he said

“I talked to Coach Ianello (Notre Dame) he was over here last spring and Coach Weis. He’s (Weis) like a celebrity. Notre Dame coaches said I could play early they would like to fit me in the slot.” said Nwachukwa, “

“I’m going to visit Notre Dame June 17 with my brother and mom.”

“I like Missouri a whole lot.” he said, “I like what they do on offense it’s like what we do here (Allen). Coach Jackson is a really nice guy. Missouri coaches said I can play early. They expect Maclin to go pro early. I will probably visit them this summer.”

“I liked Texas A&M Junior Day’s it was like one big real family. Coach Randy Jordan is an exciting guy, very funny and always laughing. A&M coaches said I will definitely play early use me in the slot, run reverses and use me as a deep threat.” said Nwachukwa

“When I was the A&M spring game it was a whole lot of fun.” he said, “The fans were calling out my name. I didn’t see too much passing, it was pretty basic.”

“Arkansas offense is the spread like Nebraska. They like to spread the field. Arkansas coaches said I could play early there too.”

“I went to a Oklahoma scrimmage and I got to talk to Coach Stoops I like him a lot.” said Nwachukwa, “Oklahoma’s offense is a lot like ours at Allen. Oklahoma coaches said they are losing their top 3 wide receivers and I could come in and play early. Plus their quarterback Sam Bradford will be back.”

“I don’t know much about Kansas but I’ll try to make it up there this summer.” he said, “Kansas did some great things last year.”

“I have narrowed my list down to Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas and Arkansas.”

“I would like to make it to some schools this summer and make a decision before schools starts. I would like to stay close to home where I can come home on week-ends. If I leave the area it would have to be pretty good. I want to go to school where I feel the most comfortable.” said Nwachukwa.

Says wants to stay close, but A&M is only school in home state, but he said he will go far if school is good, and we all know how good NU is. Interesting he doesn't seem to really like A&M because of style of play, but really likes Randy Jordan, someone should tell him randy can't coach just recuirt. My guess for him would be Arkansas, Mizzou, then NU but that is me trying to read in between the lines

• 1 month later...