Folsom Field name being sold

Yeah, well Colorado doesn't have the kind of booster support flowing in that Nebraska enjoys. 15 million is little more than a drop in the bucket for your athletic department, at CU that kind of money can make a massive difference.

For the record, they aren't scrapping the stadium name outright. Rather, they're looking for someone to plaster their name to the stadium in conjunction with the preexisting title, so the end result would be "Qwest Park at Folsom Field" or something akin to that. I'm not ecstatic about the idea, but I'm willing to accept it considering the financial bind the Colorado athletic department has been in for the majority of this decade.

Yeah, well Colorado doesn't have the kind of booster LOVE flowing in that Nebraska enjoys.

fixed.

here's an idea... let's see if warren buffet can buy the rights and call it "University of Nebraska's Memorial Stadium West".

There's no point knocking any school for financial considerations.

Yeah, who knows, Nebraska might consider that as an additional revenue source at some point.......

Not "might" but "will". Eventually Memorial Stadium will be Phillips 66 Memorial Stadium or something like that. It may take longer to get to Lincoln (everything takes longer to get to NE) but it will get there eventually. I don't really see it as a bad thing.

When I heard about CU wanting to sell their naming rights I did think it would be funny if some wealthy NU booster bought and named it Husker Stadium West or something similar.....

For the record, they aren't scrapping the stadium name outright. Rather, they're looking for someone to plaster their name to the stadium in conjunction with the preexisting title, so the end result would be "Qwest Park at Folsom Field" or something akin to that. I'm not ecstatic about the idea, but I'm willing to accept it considering the financial bind the Colorado athletic department has been in for the majority of this decade.

So does this mean that the name will be "Date Rape at Folsom Field" or just "Rape at Folsom Field" as opposed to just "Date Rape Field" or "Rape Field"?

So does this mean that the name will be "Date Rape at Folsom Field" or just "Rape at Folsom Field" as opposed to just "Date Rape Field" or "Rape Field"?

You know, I think the possibilities of a company called "Rape" or "Date Rape" buying the naming rights are pretty slim, I sincerely doubt we'll ever have to cross that bridge.