Networks Pass on First Three Husker Games

Cannot blame them.

We are a losing program, playing cupcakes. Who would really have an interest in those games, other than Nebraska fans.

No market for the games that would justify putting them on TV.

With our future schedules, look for more of the same.

Cannot blame them.

We are a losing program, playing cupcakes. Who would really have an interest in those games, other than Nebraska fans.

I can blame them. I thought for sure the first game would be on TV considering the amount of interest in the "new" Huskers.

And why pick Baylor over NU? Using your logic: Baylor actually IS a cupcake against a cupcake team AND is a losing program. The only people interested in that game would be...well, I would say Baylor fans, but probably not really. Maybe Washington State fans?

Cannot blame them.

Well put.....after last year, Nebraska is gonna have to earn their TV coverage.

Baylor and Washington State are two BCS schools.

Not that good, but still the main draw in college football.

Who would be watching Nebraska in their first 3 games. Nebraska fans.

The numbers would be larger for the major conference matchup is my guess.

The only interest in Nebraska is from its die hard fans. Hell I remember some of the top kids we recurited recently stating they had never heard of Nebraska, don't they run the wishbone or some type of option were comments made.

We win and we support the team and the staff, we will be back.

I'd try to catch the Cornhusker games on PPV. I remember games where the Cornhuskers would be on PPV and I'd call around to different Bar and Grills in Omaha to try to see if they were covering the game. I think Nebraska will earn TV time early on. If I have to, I'll watch the Bo Pelini show to catch full highlights of the games.

Cannot blame them.

Your assessment is right on. To most of the nation, we are like Syracuse, or South Carolina, or Iowa, or Oregon State, or perhaps Minnesota --- that is, teams of minimal general interest. Such programs get on TV rarely and then usually only when they play a better team with more of a national interest at the time. The Huskers who we love barely raise a blip on the national radar. We are in a "what have you done for me lately society" --- so, to most of the nation the fact that NU is a historic powerhouse and had great decades in the 70's, 80's, and 90's is of no importance.

Right now Nebraska football is not a major player at the national level. So, as has been pointed out, do not expect much TV coverage unless we are the second team in the game (expect Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, maybe TTech games to be televised --- but the reason for the coverage will not be NU --- it will be primarily because of our opponent.