Athlon schedule

How about Kansas has two good seasons in forty years before we start calling them the Liang Dynasty, eh?

:yeah

They heard how they were no good as they kept winning last year too. We lost a few Key guys, but the vast majority of that team is back, almost all of em, and we probably upgraded at RB. ALso, that was Reesings first year as a starter. I am not sure what KU did 10 years ago is going to matter come game time. If you go back and watch film of our last 4 games, we clearly were not scared. Not sure why our team, now that it is better, is going to care about our contest 35 years ago now... They listened to the same thing last year. People at A&M were stunned we beat them. Their only home loss, and we outplayed them far worse than the score. You boys need to look past your notion of KU and watch how the team performs. A players Heart, coaching and skll don't care about 35 years ago, and Mangino has proven he can get teams ready to play, and now the teams are actually pretty good...

Best of luck, but you all are seriously on too much red kool aid :koolaid2:

I LOVE ALL OF THE HUSKER OPTIMISM THAT YA'LL THINK YOU'LL BEAT KU! LOL. You're defense gave up 76 points!?! 76. Are you freakin kidding me?!? How are you going to win?

Mainly because NU plays KU AFTER ISU has crushed the Jayhawks so badly that you'll be cruising the local jr high schools for players to fill your roster with.... <_<

Gotta love Cy!

i want to ask all husker fans.....

what makes you wonder we will and/or have a legit shot at winning in lubbock against texas tech?

i seriously want to know what the reasoning is behind this madness....

this game to me is almost as certain to be a Loss as much as the oklahoma game.

please, respond to my post with the reasonings that we will win in Lubbock.

what makes you wonder we will and/or have a legit shot at winning in lubbock against texas tech?

1) Anything is possible in college football on any given Saturday. I'm sure the Stanford crowd had a similar poster posting similar defeatist thoughts before they played USC (Mark May's pre-season greatest team in football history) last season.

2) Texas Tech is neither widely renowned for their running game or their defense. The only thing you have to do to beat a passing team is keep the offense off the field. Our strengths this year will undoubtedly be our O-line, our RB rotation, and possibly our option attack with Ganz. If we can move the ball and play reasonable defense, we'll have a shot, or at least we'll give them a game.

3) Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I can't recall a single pure passing team which has ever had legitimate success (and please don't say Hawaii). Even Mizzou last year had Temple tearing up and down the field with Daniels not far behind him. It's possible Tech, if they've had success up to this point in the season, will underestimate Nebraska particularly since they have a cream-filled pastry schedule leading up to that game, with KSUCC as their only conference match up.

4) If Nebraska can beat Virginia Tech (and I think they will with their losses) and/or Mizzou, momentum could be a factor with 4-5 wins already in the season. If Tech has been picking apart weaker teams where Bo Pelini isn't their defensive coordinator, they might be in for a surprise. Jump ahead early, stay ahead, keep the offense off the field, survive for four quarters. Leave with a W.

5) Conditional factors: Rain, wind, temperature, injuries. The passing game, I think we'll all agree, takes a hit with wind blowing 30 mph (or when the QB breaks his thumb against KSUCC).

There are a few, anyway. Granted, much of this is dependent upon X or Y happening first, but God only knows what's going to happen. Texas Tech's whole receiving corps contract the bubonic plague the night before the game. Who knows? It's why we play the games. And it's why year after year every sports analyst puts his foot in his mouth at some point. Just ask Michigan.

Madness?

This is NEBRASKA!

Leonidas%20and%20Persian%20Messenger%203.jpg

Well, I think Husker_x covered it pretty good.

Texas Tech is known for their offense, not their defense. Texas Tech wasn't the best in rush defense last season. In fact, they were ranked 82 out of 119 teams. They gave up an average of 177 yards per game. I know Leach has stated his defense will be better, but we just don't know that yet. Nebraska is rumored to have a great offensive line this season, but again, we don't know that yet. However, if Nebraska's offensive line is really good, NU might be able to run, run, run. This will keep the TOP in our favor, and keep that potent TT offense off the field.

I think this will be NU's strategy from game one. It only makes sense to me. If these coaches believe what they are saying - that NU's offensive line will be way above average - then why wouldn't they want to run the ball as much as possible? Keep our defense off the field as much as possible so they can make adjustments and figure things out.

Anyway, that's my $.02 on the situation.

Because their coach is Mike Leach, and they always blow at least one game they should win.

Now I personally think Nebraska will get blown out as this the first road game and the third game of the toughest stretch of the season (VTech, Misery, TTech), and this might be the year Texas Tech really makes a move on the national stage. However, since they begin with Eastern Washington, Nevada, SMU, UMass, and K State, they might be 5-0, a little overconfident and looking ahead to the next week's show down in College Station.

Besides when a I-AA F.C.S team can beat a ranked I-A F.B.S. team anything is possible.

i just had a nightmare last night about michael crabtree, as he had 225 yards recieving and 3 TD's.

we lost 52-24

Texas Tech will be tough in Lubbuck. I wouldn't like KU's chances there. They're team is really unpredictable, and not an easy out in Lubbuck. You never know which team will show up. The one that scores 60, or the one that gives up 40 and scores 10. Leach loves him some offense.