Scholarships offered: Arizona, Iowa, Kansas State, SMU, Wake Forest, Wisconsin

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

(#30 CB)

Bid Red Report: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

(#38 CB)

Assessing the talent:

"Demontrae Hurst finished his junior season with 50 tackles and one fumble recovered. He benches 225-pounds, squats 365 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. Hurst says he wants to major in sports management or marketing and reports a 3.0 core GPA and a 1290 SAT.

Hurst: "I think I play the field well. I'm disciplined in my position. I'm a better cover corner than a man corner. That's not really what we do. I like to stay in my zone, but I want to work on my man corner skills. I'd like to get out of position for a bit and be able to help make plays all over the field."

Info via Scout

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%.

• 1 month later...

Scout (Free for now) article on him:

Although Hurst continues to deny a leader, he favors TCU, Arizona, Kansas State, Wisconsin and Wake Forest. All of his favorites have offered (15 total).

"I'm still going through the process of narrowing it down," he said. "I just want to make the right choice and just go through the whole process. I plan to take my visits and decide after the season."

Iowa, Utah, SMU, Baylor, Kansas and Nebraska are just a few of his other offers.

• 4 months later...

Miami now leads (Scout Free) :

Demontre Hurst, the 5-foot-10, 170-pound three-star cornerback from Lancaster, Texas, has a new favorite school - Miami.

He says the 'Canes now lead slightly over North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Arizona, Oklahoma State (no offer), Michigan and No. 19 Missouri (no offer).

Nebraska has obviously moved on.

He never had an offer.

• 1 month later...