83' Nebraska vs. 83' Auburn who wins?

Vote or Die  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well in 1981, Nebraska won 17-3 in Lincoln.

In 1982 Auburn, added freshman Bo Jackson and Nebraska won 41-7 AT Auburn.

Soph. Bo Jackson in 1983?

I'll take Sr. Heisman Trophy winner, Mike Rozier...do they really think they could've closed the gap in 1983?!

:yeah We would've beat them in 07 also if we had a kicker who could make a 45 yd Field goal

Isn't that the Auburn team UT took apart on the road or was that the 84 team?

Texas beat them 20-7 at Auburn. The next year they lost to Texas again and were 9-4 overall. I'd say defeating Georgia on the road was their most impressive win. Georgia went on to beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl. That Michigan team they played in the Sugar Bowl wasn't very good. They were handily defeated by Big 10 champs Illinois who were destroyed in the Rose Bowl by a UCLA team that Nebraska destroyed earlier in the season.

Unfortunately, most of the Big 8 had a sub-standard year (Oklahoma lost to Missouri) and the non-con opponents had down years (Penn State lost to Cincinnati) which doesn't help.

Anyone see close opponents? NU over Missouri/UCLA over Illinois over Michigan is a long way to go.

Anyway, shouldn't they be worried if Auburn would have beat Miami. Last I checked, they were the National Title winners in the polls that mattered.

Well in 1981, Nebraska won 17-3 in Lincoln.

In 1982 Auburn, added freshman Bo Jackson and Nebraska won 41-7 AT Auburn.

Soph. Bo Jackson in 1983?

I'll take Sr. Heisman Trophy winner, Mike Rozier...do they really think they could've closed the gap in 1983?!

:yeah We would've beat them in 07 also if we had a kicker who could make a 45 yd Field goal junior high coaching staff