New optimism in Lincoln

Had to put this post up. I'm from Brookings, South Dakota so it is hard to get the pulse of Husker Nation.

We were in Lincoln this last weekend for my Grandpa's funeral. He was a lifelong Husker supporter and a season ticket holder for 50+ years.

It was exciting for me to feel the optimism in the air that bringing in Bo Pelini has brought. Had a chance to visit with a number of friends, family, and local residents and it was almost universal that they felt Bo was the right man at the right time. The comments weren't laced with unreasonable expectations that we will be be back to the Big Red of the '90's in no time flat. Several commented on restoring traditions like the walk-on program.

We are going to get back to playing NEBRASKA FOOTBALL which is what we all want to see happen!

Finally, wanted to tell you about the great experience we had. I have two girls (6 and 4) and the only thing they wanted to do was to go to Lincoln and go inside the stadium. How is that for little Husker fans? We went inside where the weight room was and were greeted by a very nice man. He told us where we could and couldn't go. We then told him where we were from, why we were in town, and our connections to the program. He told us to wait just a minute and returned and gave us a personal tour of the whole facility. My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. So did this kid! It was a very classy thing for him to do and my thanks go out to him. We then headed over to get the girls "Bo Big Red" t-shirts.

This Husker fan is very excited about where we are headed!

SUPERBUNNY

Great story. That stuff makes me verklempt - maybe partly because I had a great relationship with my maternal grandparents and my grandfather first got the season tickets that we still have in the family in about 1929.

Thanks for posting!

GBR!

Thanks for the great story.

We had a great tour also but it was when Solich was the new head coach and they had just installed the new field turf, and it didn't feel like a detention facility then and sounds like it isn't one again.

GBR