Poll: College football vs weddings

pop quiz  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most grooms who think they got lucky having their wedding on an off week or having the game at a different time forget that their wedding anniversary happens every year during football season.

You may be signing yourself up for years of unnecessary conflict.

Ditch her, while you still have the chance.

Many years ago, a girl I was dating, her cousin was getting married on saturday. There was a protest from myself (Husker fan), one of her sisters husband (Tennesee fan), and her Dad (Notre Dame) fan.

We suffered through the wedding, then at the reception, we hauled butt down to the bar at the hotel to try and catch any of the games. The bar's tv was broken. Her sister's husband, who will remain ******* for his own protection, mentioned there was a sports bar a couple miles down the road. We went back to the reception, let my g/f, her other 3 sisters, and her mom, that we were going outside for a smoke. We ran out, hopped in the car, and went to the sports bar. We figured if we were gone a half hour, nobody would be the wiser.

Well, an hour and a half later, the brother in law's cell phone rings, and we went back to the reception and proceeded to catch hell for the next month or so.

It was worth it though wasn't it? :thumbs

Absolutely...

Oddly enough, a husker game was another reason i knew this wasn't the girl for me...

I worked the graveyard on a friday, got home at 7 in the morning, told my g/f at the time, to wake me up at noon for the game. Mind you, this is one of 3 things i'd ever asked her for in our 2 1/2 year relationship. She told me she was going to let me sleep, and she'd record it. I told her absolutely, under no circumstance, should she do that. Well, I woke up with about 2 minutes left to go until half time, and I went off on her. At that point, I was having my doubts as to if she was the "one"

Many years ago, a girl I was dating, her cousin was getting married on saturday. There was a protest from myself (Husker fan), one of her sisters husband (Tennesee fan), and her Dad (Notre Dame) fan.

We suffered through the wedding, then at the reception, we hauled butt down to the bar at the hotel to try and catch any of the games. The bar's tv was broken. Her sister's husband, who will remain ******* for his own protection, mentioned there was a sports bar a couple miles down the road. We went back to the reception, let my g/f, her other 3 sisters, and her mom, that we were going outside for a smoke. We ran out, hopped in the car, and went to the sports bar. We figured if we were gone a half hour, nobody would be the wiser.

Well, an hour and a half later, the brother in law's cell phone rings, and we went back to the reception and proceeded to catch hell for the next month or so.

Absolutely...

Oddly enough, a husker game was another reason i knew this wasn't the girl for me...

I worked the graveyard on a friday, got home at 7 in the morning, told my g/f at the time, to wake me up at noon for the game. Mind you, this is one of 3 things i'd ever asked her for in our 2 1/2 year relationship. She told me she was going to let me sleep, and she'd record it. I told her absolutely, under no circumstance, should she do that. Well, I woke up with about 2 minutes left to go until half time, and I went off on her. At that point, I was having my doubts as to if she was the "one"

When I would get off at 7 or 8am on Game day I would just force myself to stay awake until the pregame festivities started which in my case was as soon as I got out of the shower and went to the bar. sh#t faced by the end of the game and slept like a rock.

Absolutely...

Yeah, my wife knows better than to ever do that. If I ask her to wake me up she does it because she knows I would be pissed!