Play Calling

I assume it is going to be Watson, but I have not seen confirmation of it one way or another. Has this been announced/discussed by Pelini?

Th OC usually calls the plays unless the HC is an offensive guru like Osborne, Tressel, Leach, Weis, Johnson... Very rare the Hc casll his own play now days, but some do, but Weis has stopped doing this and don't know if Johnson will do it at GA Tech.

I assume it is going to be Watson, but I have not seen confirmation of it one way or another. Has this been announced/discussed by Pelini?

Th OC usually calls the plays unless the HC is an offensive guru like Osborne, Tressel, Leach, Weis, Johnson... Very rare the Hc casll his own play now days, but some do, but Weis has stopped doing this and don't know if Johnson will do it at GA Tech.

Agreed, but has there been confirmation that it is going to be Watson. I haven't seen anything about that, and was wondering if someone has.....

With Bo's focus on the defense I will assume Watson will make the offensive play calls.

Who will call them on defense? Bo, Carl or will they split the duty?

I know in one of the interviews that Bo said he would not be calling the plays. I believe he said Watson has done this before and very successfully. Bo went on to say... I will be very involved but watson is very good at what he does and has a proven record of that. That was my take on what he had to say. I don't know what video it was but that question was presented and that is how I took his response.

Yeah, I think that Bo has enough to worry about with the defense to be calling the offensive plays as well. The reason he kept Watson on the staff is so Pelini didn't have to worry about it as much. I think a big reason why Watson stayed with us instead of going to Alabama is because Bo is giving him a lot of control.

Don't forget the-coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned :laughpound

Agree with Bigredfxtoy - Remember hearing that Bo will let Watson call plays, he will listen in and give his 2 cents where appropriate

HuskerfaninOkieland - I think I remember Bo saying that once the D "gets going" he will let Carl take more control

Don't forget the-coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned :laughpound

Agree with Bigredfxtoy - Remember hearing that Bo will let Watson call plays, he will listen in and give his 2 cents where appropriate

HuskerfaninOkieland - I think I remember Bo saying that once the D "gets going" he will let Carl take more control

Carroll ran his own defense untill after 2005 Rose Bowl. The BYU coach calls his defense and they are really good. Maybe Stoops should bhe running his defense and maybe they won't get burnrf by the pass. OU has not been good vs pass since 2003, guess who was the DC and DB coach then?

Bo needs to be a Head Coach...not a DC and HC. Let Carl call the defensive plays, let Watson call the offensive plays and let Bo interject when needed.

no, not yet. Bo knows defense and he knows he knows it. that is his focus and he also knows Watson knows the offense. in fact, he (Watson) will likely put clownahan to shame, as he (Clown) was more ate up with shifts and multiple, multiple formations, instead of execution.