Here comes fall camp

Here comes fall camp

The slow days are about to end. I hope to get one more round of golf in tomorrow before Husker fall camp overtakes my life.

Just so you have an understanding of the fall schedule:

Players report on Sunday. First practice on Monday.

There will also be a media press conference with Bo Pelini and some players on Monday.

According to NU's current fall practice schedule, which is set through Aug. 24, the Huskers will practice Monday through Saturday, taking Sundays off.

Practices are scheduled from 3:45 to 6 p.m. On six days, the team will workout twice, going from 9 to 11:15 a.m. and then at the regular time at night. The first two-a-day is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 9. The last two-a-day is Aug. 22.

Fan Day is scheduled for Sunday afternoon, Aug. 17, from 2 to 3:30.

One other interesting note: Newcomers are not available for interviews until they have played in a game, and at that point only on a limited basis. There will be no interviews with true freshmen before the season opener.

Lets hope they practice in full pads and don't play any of this mamby-pamby "two hand touch" crap <_<

Given the type of the practices over the past few years, I hope they all make it through two-a-days.

At least this year the extra weight will be pads and not.......uhh.....just weight.

I'm wondering if Pelini actually watched any game footage from last season. After all, he hasn't had a heart attack. If there are any coaches who peruse the board (of any level), what do you guys do in order to teach tackling? I'm really hoping Pelini focusses on bringing guys down. It was just sad last year.

Lets hope they practice in full pads and don't play any of this mamby-pamby "two hand touch" crap <_<

are you kidding? coach eckler is gonna arbitrarily tackle random spectators to help get everyone in the mood on fan day.

it's gonna be sweet!