Cy's Strange but TRUE Big 12 Trivia of the Week!

Came across mention of a real strange piece of Big 12 trivia today and thought I would share:

There are only FOUR active quarterbacks from the Big 12 in the NFL (still listed as QB's...I ain't counting that wuss from Missouri who plays WR now)

Two of them are from Texas (Vince Young and Chris Simms)

But the only other two are both from Iowa State! Seneca Wallace and Sage Rosenfelts.

I KNOW!!! It amazes me too how two QB's from such a pitiful team as ISU can comprise half the Big 12's representation at the most important position in all of pro football!!!

Maybe Ganz or Witt will read this and be willing to transfer...you think?

If you can come up with one good reason. Ganz would lose the rest of his eligibility and Witt would be back to competing for a number two spot. Why on earth would either of them even consider it?

I don't quite understand the hate for Smith either. I mean there's only been one other QB in D1 history to do what he did as either a sophomore or freshman throwing for 2000 or more and rushing for 1000 or more. If Pinkel wasn't a complete tool, he probably could have had Mizzou going further with Smith at QB than with Daniel.

Junior, You may have a point about Smith going further.

I find it hard to totally blame Pinkel for who Smith's career turned out. Brad Smith has admitted that he wanted to be a drop back passer. Additionally, Brad never had the weapons around him that Chase has.

But I also think Pinkel, in hindsite, would do a few things different.

I don't quite understand the hate for Smith either. I mean there's only been one other QB in D1 history to do what he did as either a sophomore or freshman throwing for 2000 or more and rushing for 1000 or more. If Pinkel wasn't a complete tool, he probably could have had Mizzou going further with Smith at QB than with Daniel.

Junior, You may have a point about Smith going further.

I find it hard to totally blame Pinkel for who Smith's career turned out. Brad Smith has admitted that he wanted to be a drop back passer. Additionally, Brad never had the weapons around him that Chase has.

But I also think Pinkel, in hindsite, would do a few things different.

Smith was no drop back passer. We beat you guys with him at QB with inferior teams by just letting him pass, he was pretty useless when you took away the run...

in his ;ast 3 years you put up 14, 14 and in his senior year... 3 because we would not let him run... Best wishes to him, like his odds at WR better.

But the only other two are both from Iowa State! Seneca Wallace and Sage Rosenfelts.

I KNOW!!! It amazes me too how two QB's from such a pitiful team as ISU can comprise half the Big 12's representation at the most important position in all of pro football!!!

This is called the NFL's Welfare program. :clap