W/L next year

hoyamannn

How about this, let's look at sure wins, sure losses, and unknowns. I realize sure wins and sure losses can be changed, but I see it like this. Sure wins include: Maine, Wake Forest, and Baylor. Sure losses include: Oklahoma. The rest I put in the unknowns. We could just as easily be 8-3 (i'm kicking out Big 12 championship game and bowl game) as we could be 3-8.

Pittsburgh will be tough, but they just hired a loser for coach so we could/should win this one. Iowa State could go either way, but I believe it's in Lincoln so that will help. How can you call TT a win when they put up the most points on NU than any other team in history? I lean towards a loss on the TT game. Missouri, who knows? It depends on which Brad Smith shows up. If the sophomore Brad Smith shows up, win for MU. If last year's B Smith shows up, easy win. Kansas is another unknown, but the game is in Kansas. I'm 50/50 on this one. Flip a coin. KState is still KState. It could go either way, but until proven otherwise I'll lean towards Snyder and the Wildcats. He is the only coach in the Big 12 with the ability to out coach Stoops IMO. Colorado is 50/50 like Kansas. I think we have a good chance of winning this one.

I think we have a good shot at being 6-5 next year. Maybe better if the team gels right away. Maybe worse if the learning curve is a lot greater than we or the coaches thought.

09/03 Maine W

09/10 Wake Forest W

09/17 Pittsburgh W

10/01 Iowa State W

10/08 Texas Tech W

10/15 @ Baylor W

10/22 @ Missouri W

10/29 Oklahoma L

11/05 @ Kansas W

11/12 Kansas State W

11/25 @ Colorado L

Big XII Championship L

Bowl Game W

Anybody disagree?

I could see 6 losses pretty easy again. We will lose to either pitt or Iowa state maybe both. A pretty decent chance mizzou beats us at mizzou. Ou for sure will. Kansas,ksu, and cu won't be gimme's by any means and I predict atleast one of them takes us down.

A lot will depend on how the running game, secondary and QB play shapes up in camp.

If BC's made any improvements in those areas and the rest of the team stays on a par with last year, we should expect at least 7-4 (and I'm hopeful for 8-3, with losses at OU, TTU and either CU or KSU). I'd be satisfied with 7-4 and feel pretty good about BC's progress then.

A 6-5 regular season would be just about last year's pace - a bit of an improvement, but it won't be enough to answer any of the looming questions.

IRISH!

I'm not expecting to lose to TT next year at home. They did beat us by 60 last year, but we had 7 TO's in the game as well. We should have more speed to keep up with their receivers, and hopefully better pressure on the QB to cause some mistakes. TT is not 60 points better than us.

I realize I'm being VERY optimistic when looking to next year, but we weren't that talented in 03 and we won 10 games. We're getting better talent, and though I don't think we'll see drastic improvements next year, I still hope we do.

I agree with you Junior that it could go anywhere from 3-8 to 8-3. There is just way too much unknown out there. I would like to think that there will be more consistency and that the team will be more competitive across the board. I think Nebraska is gonna win 6-8, with losses to Oklahoma and Missouri and real close ones against TT, Pitt, ISU, Kansas, KSU and Colorado that could go either way, but I think we win 4 of those games. I'm pumped for next season.

hoyamann,

I like the way you think and keep the faith. Optimistically speaking, IMO 7-4 or 8-3 would be a great start to cap a great recruiting season and to start another. I have to agree with IRISH also. We could go 6-5 but it would be an improvement and get us a bowl game(anywhere in Ca :) ). I would love to see GBR kick some righteous butt and go 8-3 then again who knows maybe 10-1 :cheers By the way TT gets a new QB but the same receivers so I dont think they will post 60 on us unless we put in a QB to throw 5 TD passes to the wrong team

GBR

:horns2:horns2

I'm not expecting to lose to TT next year at home. They did beat us by 60 last year, but we had 7 TO's in the game as well. We should have more speed to keep up with their receivers, and hopefully better pressure on the QB to cause some mistakes. TT is not 60 points better than us.

I realize I'm being VERY optimistic when looking to next year, but we weren't that talented in 03 and we won 10 games. We're getting better talent, and though I don't think we'll see drastic improvements next year, I still hope we do.

No there not 60 points better than us but if Bill tries to make it a track meet again they will beat us by 20 atleast. You beat a team like texas tech by popping their ass in the mouth and running down there throat and taking some time off the clock.

Without seeing next year's team on the field, I am hesitant to predict much yet...

Going into it blind, I would like to think that we can win the 1st 4 at home, add Baylor ..... and probably beat KSU in Lincoln (hell, should have beaten them in Manhatten this year)........ I could see a 6-5 season and a BOWL GAME to follow...

No matter what bowl game, expect fans to flock to any destination....YOU DON'T KKOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE.... theory

TT, OU, KU, CU, and MU will all be extremely tough to get..... KU-MU-CU on the road are difficult anyway, but especially the way things are going.....OU is still in a class by themselves, and TT may be a toss up game....

I think we beat Pitt and ISU at home !!!!

Outsiders guess:

09/03 Maine - W - Callahan takes them to the woodshed, new players work out some kinks.

09/10 Wake Forest - W - WF has a young team, as does Neb., its close but Neb. pulls it out at home.

09/17 Pittsburgh - L - Pitt coming off a BCS embarrasment, comes ready to play,

wins by a TD in another close game.

10/01 Iowa State - W - Neb exposes the pretenders.

10/08 Texas Tech - W - I will keep this one a W, but if you secondary hasn't improved from last year... may be a different outcome.

10/15 @ Baylor - W - No aTm like slip for Neb... Big Red Rolls...

10/22 @ Missouri - W - Missou will get blown out as your offense start clicking on all cylinders.

10/29 Oklahoma - L - Keep this as an L, but OU will be replacing alot of skill positions, their saving grace is AD but if you guys can neutralize him like USC did... may be a shocker to nation.

11/05 @ Kansas - W - Jayhawks have a football team? Neb rolls.

11/12 Kansas State - W - Close game, decided by a fg

11/25 @ Colorado - L - Buffs come out ready to play... Neb. has hiccups on defense... but I could be wrong.

Big XII Championship (Texas) - L - Vince comes out and has a great year, possible title contenders if Mack can get the monkey off his back.

Bowl Game (Cotton) (Florida) - W - Urban still having growing pains...