W/L next year

hoyamannn

Outsiders guess:

09/03 Maine - W - Callahan takes them to the woodshed, new players work out some kinks.

09/10 Wake Forest - W - WF has a young team, as does Neb., its close but Neb. pulls it out at home.

09/17 Pittsburgh - L - Pitt coming off a BCS embarrasment, comes ready to play,

wins by a TD in another close game.

10/01 Iowa State - W - Neb exposes the pretenders.

10/08 Texas Tech - W - I will keep this one a W, but if you secondary hasn't improved from last year... may be a different outcome.

10/15 @ Baylor - W - No aTm like slip for Neb... Big Red Rolls...

10/22 @ Missouri - W - Missou will get blown out as your offense start clicking on all cylinders.

10/29 Oklahoma - L - Keep this as an L, but OU will be replacing alot of skill positions, their saving grace is AD but if you guys can neutralize him like USC did... may be a shocker to nation.

11/05 @ Kansas - W - Jayhawks have a football team? Neb rolls.

11/12 Kansas State - W - Close game, decided by a fg

11/25 @ Colorado - L - Buffs come out ready to play... Neb. has hiccups on defense... but I could be wrong.

Big XII Championship (Texas) - L - Vince comes out and has a great year, possible title contenders if Mack can get the monkey off his back.

Bowl Game (Cotton) (Florida) - W - Urban still having growing pains...

Love IT!!! wlecome to the fold LSU good tohaveyou man. i jus hesitate to make any predictiosn bc of wat happned las yr. It seemed we wud win several of the games we didnt.

so with that sed i see us winning a game we shouldnt and losing 2 we shouldnt. in the end i see a 7-6 record with an Nsight.com bowl apearnce. baby steps for the next 2-3 yrs im afraid.

Nice predictions LSU.....I see a solid 7-4 year.  Well lose to someone were not suppose to and we will upset someone

Everyone said we would upset someone last year and we really never ever did. I guess unless your going to call Pitt an upset or mizzou.

Dang, this is so different than just 3 years ago. For 30+ years, it was 9 wins no matter what. Then TO's talent left the program, Frank filled some holes here and there but in the process lost 7 games, and now we're talking about losing 5, 6, even 7 games for the next few years? F*#@ that! Maybe it is a reality, but we're still NEBRASKA, and though people haven't feared us for a few years, we climbed onto that 1st step on the ladder out of this hole with the recruiting class we signed. The entire country took notice. No other team except Arizona lost last year and put together a good class. We're headed in the right direction. We're getting players back in here that are gonna scare opponents by just showing up to play. The guys we had the past few years lost that. We need that confidence back, we need defenders that break some jaws and we need some more guys on O like Ross that can make something happen.

I'm not like most of the people on this board. I don't turn on games or go to the stadium really hoping to win but not expecting to. The only time I really didn't think we had a chance was at OU, but hell even I was hoping for some sort of miracle. Maybe my new thread should be who we'll play for the NC next year!

09/03 Maine                W

09/10 Wake Forest      W

09/17 Pittsburgh          W

10/01 Iowa State          W

10/08 Texas Tech          W

10/15 @ Baylor            W

10/22 @ Missouri          W

10/29 Oklahoma            L

11/05 @ Kansas            W

11/12 Kansas State        W

11/25 @ Colorado          L

Big XII Championship    L

Bowl Game                    W

Anybody disagree?

I wouldnt expect much difference from last year. A winning season will be an extreme accomplishment for this coaching staff. The TEAM could easily go 10-1, with a spot in the Big 12 game and a nice bowl, but the coaching staff wont be able to get much done.

The only gimmie on the schedule is Maine, while Tech, OU, Kansas, and CU are for sure losses. The rest of the games are all tossups, too close too call, but I would expect them to lose at least one more, maybe two more games, and I wouldnt wager on them playing 13 games next year, either. Even though I dont think they will, I could see a scenario with them going 1-10, even though there is too much talent down there for them to do.

Any one on here that thinks Wake Forest will be a certain win does not follow college football. This is a team that played FSU within 7, NC State with in 3, lost to Louisville by 3 beat Boston College. They got drilled by Miami. They played in 3 OT games. They are not young, they return 10 starters from last years offense, a running back with over 2000 yards. Losing only a WR and a rotational lineman. They will be solid on offense. Defense they return 6. This is a very good team that has played top level teams and been very respectable in doing so. They will have no fear walking into Nebraska.

Texas Tech will be a problem again. Let us not foreget that the game was long over before the turnovers really started. I think we will match up with their offense better this year. They have a new QB, but that has never been a problem for Leach. The defense is the question.

We get by these two games and we will be in the hunt against Colorado for the CCG. If we get there, it is a major butt kicking by A&M or Texas. I do think we get by Oklahoma due to their inexperience at QB. Taylor will be ahead of them for sure by that time.

We were pretty much on a level field with Kansas last year, and most in the North. Our recruiting and Jucos will make a tremendous difference. Any quarterback that can see and hit a receiver that actually comes back for the ball will make light years difference to this offense. We will have corners that can see over their shoe laces this year and that will help slow down Tech. Bowman will bring the wood as well as Octavian.

Colorado has the history of winning against us and the North at this time. They will be the main competition in the North if and I mean a big IF we get by Wake Forest and Texas Tech. My guess is Wake Forest will be the toughest game this year until Oklahoma. They will line it up and run it right down our throats. Tech will play their game. We get by Wake and Tech and we will be growing in confidence and that is what this team needs very badly.