WHERE WILL WATSON GO?

OLDMAN

Actually this issue is all over quite a few national sports blogs, or has been in the last 2-3 months. Most pundits I have read believe watson will be out within the next 2 years leaving nebraska with an option of either going back to its old offensive ways that we've been known for over the last 50 years or staying with the WC passing game.

Isn't this your second post about Watson leaving? Where do you get the idea he may take a head coaching job next year? He's not a widely known coordinator as it stands now nor is he a proven OC. No way does he leave next year for a HC job.

Isn't it obvious? Threadstarter is Shawn Watson, and wants to know where we think he should run off to after the season.

He's not a widely known coordinator as it stands now nor is he a proven OC.

not to the public at large, but a) osborne thought enough of watson to recommend that he be kept on staff b) and made the deal sweet enough for him to stick around when c) nick saban tried to lure him to tuscaloosa.

don't doubt the osborne, dude.

• 4 weeks later...

My feeling is he's here for this year to train Cotton on his offense and then get his own team.

So where do you think he'll go?

Can't see a big name team for him.

iOWA?

Hey, Lane Kiffin might be available pretty soon, some time next week actually. I'd rather see him come in if Watson finds a head coaching job (his stated goal) after the season.

I think your all under estimating the allure of the husker program. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of people who would love to be a part of this staff. To say he's just here to pad his resume is doing a disservice to Watson. If your not sold on Watson you haven't been paying attention to the Big 12 the last decade! 2001 CU game, hello! This guy knows the conference and knows how to get a lot from a little. He is most certainly an asset to our football team.

As for the option. I loved it to, but sadly those days are done. If TO wanted the option back he would have went for Paul Johnson. Osborne made the choice for the good of the big red. Not for nostalgia factor of running the option. TO ran the triple option because it worked, not because it was the only thing he believed in!

Watson is our guy, and I'm glad we have him!

My feeling is he's here for this year to train Cotton on his offense and then get his own team.

So where do you think he'll go?

Can't see a big name team for him.

iOWA?

Hey, Lane Kiffin might be available pretty soon, some time next week actually. I'd rather see him come in if Watson finds a head coaching job (his stated goal) after the season.

That would be awesome! If he can't figure out how to change to a spread offense, hopefully someone lures Watson away at the end of the season. He had 1 top 20 offense at CU and our offense this year hasn't exactly been burning up the stat books.