WHERE WILL WATSON GO?

OLDMAN

My feeling is he's here for this year to train Cotton on his offense and then get his own team.

So where do you think he'll go?

Can't see a big name team for him.

iOWA?

I dont think Bo would have kept him on if that was the case. Coaching consistency is a major deal, and Watson is a great coach. With what Bo and T.O. are trying to build, I think Watson is on board for the duration of the ride. (at least for a few years)

He needs to be on a winning highly rated team before he'll get a HC job, the big 12 is a highly highly highly offense geared conference, so his accomplishments the last few years are really negligible when compared to other teams in the big 12, not to mention there are other candidates I would choose before him for HC

I think he will stick around for a while. At least as long as T.O. is here. Who would leave when you can pick the brain of one of the best coaches of all time and help rebuild a major football schools team. It would look much better on a resume to have been a part of a successful rebuilding job and finished what you started. Not to mention the added bonus of being able to learn something or two from T.O. .

I wouldn't want Cotton trying to be OC and O-line coach again. That is just too much and IMO you can't do both without one or both not getting all they attention they deserve. Plus, back in '03 Bo wasn't planning on keeping Cotton as OC, he had Lane Kiffin lined-up. Bo obviously likes Cotton as an o-line coach though.

If Watson left I'd tab Gus Malzahn from Tulsa.

Ron Brown could be a heck of an OC, awesome football mind, but his ministry obligations take time.

But I'd say Watson has a significant amount to prove before any good jobs would come his way, he should be here a while longer.

My feeling is he's here for this year to train Cotton on his offense and then get his own team.

So where do you think he'll go?

Can't see a big name team for him.

iOWA?

Isn't this your second post about Watson leaving? Where do you get the idea he may take a head coaching job next year? He's not a widely known coordinator as it stands now nor is he a proven OC. No way does he leave next year for a HC job.