Fall camp observations

As long as the effort is there, it will be an improvement over last year....period. I would like to win, sure, but if we actually have a team that is putting forth 110%, I will be thrilled....this year. But then we have to see improvement as we go, too.

our line and RB by themselves should make our defense better. the less time they spend on the field the better. I look forward to seeing us beat teams into submission via the ground attack again....... hopefully that day is not to far off

hooah

All I want for x-mas is a good ol' fashioned running game, punishing the opposing D-line...

I like your thinking. When you can rack up 400+ yards of rushing, two very important things happen.

1. the defense is resting

2. their defense is getting blown the f#*k up

Some media reports I've read leads me to believe Pelini/Watson is going to have a run first type of offense. Not sure if this is because of the history of NU football or if his plan is to minimize the time our D is on the field.

our line and RB by themselves should make our defense better. the less time they spend on the field the better. I look forward to seeing us beat teams into submission via the ground attack again....... hopefully that day is not to far off

hooah

All I want for x-mas is a good ol' fashioned running game, punishing the opposing D-line...

I like your thinking. When you can rack up 400+ yards of rushing, two very important things happen.

Some media reports I've read leads me to believe Pelini/Watson is going to have a run first type of offense. Not sure if this is because of the history of NU football or if his plan is to minimize the time our D is on the field.

It just makes sense to have a strong running game.

-Controls the tempo of the game

-Keeps your defense fresh

-Keeps the other team's offense off the field

-Mentally fatigues the other team

We have such a deep stable of running backs that if we can establish the line of scrimmage early, we can pound on teams and throw when we want to not when we have to. It would take an enormous amount of pressure off of our D this year if we can run the ball effectively.

As long as the effort is there, it will be an improvement over last year....period. I would like to win, sure, but if we actually have a team that is putting forth 110%, I will be thrilled....this year. But then we have to see improvement as we go, too.

I could not agree more. I am really looking forward to some fire out there, win or lose.

hooah

We have such a deep stable of running backs that if we can establish the line of scrimmage early, we can pound on teams and throw when we want to not when we have to. It would take an enormous amount of pressure off of our D this year if we can run the ball effectively.

amen

hooah

amen

Yessir, can't wait, one more week (of school) :angry:

I have completely stopped reading the World-Herald's football section. I am subscribing to the LJS, mainly for Sipple but also for their better reporting. The World-Herald has lost its edge.

I would love to see a running attack, and hope to see that edge that our OLines used to possess.

God I love Nebraska Football.

Isn't it f*ckin' great that we only have 9 days?!?

GO BIG RED!!

I have completely stopped reading the World-Herald's football section. I am subscribing to the LJS, mainly for Sipple but also for their better reporting. The World-Herald has lost its edge.

I would love to see a running attack, and hope to see that edge that our OLines used to possess.

God I love Nebraska Football.

Isn't it f*ckin' great that we only have 9 days?!?

GO BIG RED!!

Not because I love the running game we used to have, but I think it's vitally important that the run is established early and often to open up other aspects of the offense.

hooah

2. theirs defense is getting blown the f#*k up

Thank you sir.

and to add to your points..

3. The play action fly route to the TE that goes for about 40 yds

Not too mention their D line getting demoralized from all the abuse...

And their Cheerleaders & Girlfriends wanting to have Husker Babies

And Huskers give it to them :corndance