JUCO WR?

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

The wide receiver recruiting on the surface for Nebraska has gotten a little confusing as of late. There is definitely a need to get in a player to try and take the place of Maurice Purify and what he meant to the team the past two years. This junior college receiver could be just what the doctor ordered and could be one of Nebraska's next commitments.

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

The wide receiver recruiting on the surface for Nebraska has gotten a little confusing as of late. There is definitely a need to get in a player to try and take the place of Maurice Purify and what he meant to the team the past two years. This junior college receiver could be just what the doctor ordered and could be one of Nebraska's next commitments.

Thanks. What do we know about this guy? Speed, size and weight look great!

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

BTW that is free info.

more info on Brandon Kinnie

Went to the same high school as Josh Freeman, was a junior when Josh was a SR.

Went to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas and Redshirted.

Would have committed when Gilmore talked to him, but NU wants him to visit with his mom first. Visit scheduled for the SJSU game on 6 Sep.

He will be "N"

right now he is a 1* because he has not been evaluated by the services because he did not play last year.

He is a big body reciever with speed. I dont know if the 4.3 speed is legit, he ran 4.5 in HS but has since put on 20 lbs

he could be the hidden gem of the class, at least so far he would be

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

You know, I get a little frustrated hearing a quote like this. Mo Purify was good & had some great plays at times. But I just dont get the whole "who will ever replace him" or the concept that a HUGE hole needs to be filled - and fast! Last I checked there are plenty of quality recievers on this team. The depth is incredible. There is so much potential that we may just turn coal into diamonds with what we have.

As for the recruit, it's always good to have good talent come to Lincoln. I'm happy with that. But there isnt a panic thing going on as the article snip indicates.

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

You know, I get a little frustrated hearing a quote like this. Mo Purify was good & had some great plays at times. But I just dont get the whole "who will ever replace him" or the concept that a HUGE hole needs to be filled - and fast! Last I checked there are plenty of quality recievers on this team. The depth is incredible. There is so much potential that we may just turn coal into diamonds with what we have.

As for the recruit, it's always good to have good talent come to Lincoln. I'm happy with that. But there isnt a panic thing going on as the article snip indicates.

And if you ask me, Mo Purify is not that irreplaceable.

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

So, who's going to be a go to guy then? Right now we don't have a safety valve on our wr corps like Purify

Brandon Kinnie.

Scout teaser:

So, who's going to be a go to guy then? Right now we don't have a safety valve on our wr corps like Purify

Purify was a big target for the QB......I think that Holt will do just fine. But Nebraska needs a gamebreaker. They are due for one.

Depends exactly how you define safety valve. I think that Peterson is probably our reliable receiver and can be counted on to make most catches. I can't make jump balls like Purify could, but he is a big target. Lucky should also be a good safety valve on plays that he isn't blocking on.

Never, ever, ever trust 40 times from JUCO's. Those are some of the most inflated times you can find.

Kid has filled out and put on some serious weight since enter his JUCO. Not for sure of his talent level and I'm not sure how our coaches would be either, besides some summer workouts. Took a RS last year, so I kinda hope our coaches would evaluate him a bit more in games before they take his commit.