Allan Evridge

Another Nebraska kid we didn't get...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3545218

Wisconsin fifth-year senior Allan Evridge will start at quarterback when the team opens the season Aug. 30 against Akron.

The Badgers released their depth chart Tuesday and Evridge was listed as the top quarterback ahead of junior Dustin Sherer. Evridge entered preseason camp with a slight lead over both Sherer and sophomore Scott Tolzien.

The 6-2, 212-pound Evridge transferred to Wisconsin from Kansas State after starting seven games for the Wildcats as a redshirt freshman in 2005.

He competed for the Badgers' starting job last summer but lost out to Tyler Donovan. Evridge appeared in seven games last fall, completing 5 of 12 passes for 66 yards, but he hasn't seen significant action since 2005, when he set a Kansas State freshman record with 1,365 passing yards.

He went to my high school and I was a freshman when he was a senior. I remember when he decommited his tires got slashed and his locker got messed up.

Thats ridiculous...

Thanks for the info folks. I seem to remember him coming here and the BOO birds were LOUD that game if memory serves.

I think that was just the wind that day. I didn't boo him, he actually played pretty well that game. I don't recall anyone booing him, either.

He went to my high school and I was a freshman when he was a senior. I remember when he decommited his tires got slashed and his locker got messed up.

Thats ridiculous...

Thanks for the info folks. I seem to remember him coming here and the BOO birds were LOUD that game if memory serves.

Ahhh...this takes me back.

I remember being at that game in '05. Evridge was getting hammered all day and just kept popping back up. He showed a lot of heart and really impressed me with his toughness.

I also remember being worried about how bad our team was during that game. Zac Taylor got hit hard in the 4th quarter, leaving it up to Harrison Beck to come in at the last second to complete a game saving pass. After a few disturbing first attempts (he actually threw a ball BEHIND the visiting team bench...and he wasn't trying to throw it away), he finally hit a receiver and put us in field goal range.

Evridge was having a HORRIFIC passing day. He went 5-27 (18.5%), and at one point, I think he had gone two quarters without completing a single pass.

The sad part was that although he may have been tough, he was not fast by any means. I think he ran for over 150 yards on us. You'd have thought he was Vince Young.

All this after three losses in a row, getting outscored by nearly 50 points.

Man...is it next Saturday yet? I need to move on from this... <_<

Thats ridiculous...

The sad part was that although he may have been tough, he was not fast by any means. I think he ran for over 150 yards on us. You'd have thought he was Vince Young.

While it is true he is no Vince Young, he definitely can run. I played against him in high school, and he isn't slow. He's not a burner, but he's more mobile than most folks think.

Thats ridiculous...

I think that was just the wind that day. I didn't boo him, he actually played pretty well that game. I don't recall anyone booing him, either.

I didnt boo him either but the students around me did.