Collier out?

HANC

Brad Daugherty(sp) comes to mind.  He wouldn't have the problem with pre-madonnas that he had at Carolina.

Matt Doherty. He did some great things at Notre Dame and was never really given a chance at NC because the players didn't want to try for him. What a joke. If he wanted to coach here, that would be cool with me.

You quoted me before I could edit my post. I meant Matt. Crap Brad Daugherty would be better then Collier. :thumbs

He beat #4, let's give him 5 more years! :waste

I dunno about 5, but I think he at least bought himself next season with the win tonight.

Ya never know. I thought Frank bought another season with his CU win, but that didn't happen.

Colorado was 5-5. I think the fact that everyone got so pumped about beating a 5-5 team is a reason he was let go. LOWERED EXPECTATIONS

:cheers

I started this topic with really no strong opinion one way or the other.... We have had good opinions.......

If I was forced to make the final call, I would probably say give Barry one more year.... Earlier, I was leaning towards making a change.....

NO, the win over OSU didn't sway me.....Sh**, you could almost predict that one coming.....

My wife's occupation allows her to have meetings with very prominant people inside of the UNL athletic department..... (former athletes), and she met with a former player who still plays a very prominant role within the athletic dept....

During the conversation with him, he stated that Collier is top notch and runs a top notch program..... (but he still needs to win).... it was stated that Barry is one of the most respected person within the department...... I respect this former players opinion and with that being said, I am leaning my opinion towards keeping him one more year......but he better win !!!!!!!

This same athlete, went on to bash the football team and say that the program is a complete MESS..... He is not a BC or Cosgrove fan at all, and says many players very unhappy.....says things are not even close to being "solid", especially compared to the "glory years" when he was involved.

Take it for what it is worth :smokin

If we can give a supposedly NFL coach all the the benefit of the doubt after a 5-6 season, I think we can give Collier plenty of leeway. As was stated earlier, who wants to coach BB here? There is no fan base. You have 5,000 people that come regulary and 1-2,000 that show up for the hell of it.

If we can give a supposedly NFL coach all the the benefit of the doubt after a 5-6 season, I think we can give Collier plenty of leeway. As was stated earlier, who wants to coach BB here? There is no fan base. You have 5,000 people that come regulary and 1-2,000 that show up for the hell of it.

Collier has been here 5 years with no-improvement. On the other hand Callahan has been here one there is a difference. There is no way the Big Red BB team shouldn't at least compete for a tourney bid EVERY year.IMO If you build a winner the fans will show up. Look at the Baseball team. Nobody went to those games before Van Horn came here.

Look at the Baseball team. Nobody went to those games before Van Horn came here.

Yeah, I remember walking past a game on my way back from class when Sanders was the coach, and there would be about 15 people in the stands. I would go in for free and sit and watch. Then when we hosted the regional at the Buck you couldn't stand around the outfield fence and watch. That was awesome.