Collier out?

HANC

Guys, I do not have a "strong opinion" on this one...

I just thought with all of the talk on sports radio about NU hoops and lack of success, that this would be a good topic to get started...

When Barry arrived, I really thought that by this time, he would have us at least being competitive, but that hasn't happened....ON A CONSISTANT BASIS...

It seems that his teams just do not show progress at all....Heck, his seniors have gotten "worse" as their careers have advanced....

Now, with that said, I know that the Big 12 is a bitch to try to "buid" a team in...This league shows no mercy.....Furthermore, we have had untimely injuries (but so does everyone)......

His assistants have shown that they can recruit with the best of them and we have a good class coming in to go with the young talent on the team.... Maybe we need to sit and wait..

Just looking for opinions......... Probably won't get many on this board :lol:

I'm kinda indifferent. I dunno about Collier being able to recruit, but I think that Danny Nee had 4 of his former players playing in the NBA last season. I think he could recruit talent, just didn't know what to do with it. I don't know if Nee getting fired was warranted, but it happened. Collier comes in and hasn't really done anything, aside from the NIT wins last year. If he has a dynamo class coming, then wait a couple years, I think Pederson is willing to be more patient with the basketball program, since it is not the main revenue generator for the university. If he turns it around, great, if not then NU goes after someone else.

There is no reason why the Huskers shouldn't be able to have a good basketabll team. Look at OU or Texas. They are a football school first yet still field good bball teams. If Barry stays for another year he needs to change his offensive gamplan. He recruits wingmen and then runs a freakin slowdown Princeton style offense. Maybe he should go after some bigmen. If you ask me it is time for him to go.

Don't be so sure about that. He is from Wilbur which is real close to Lincoln, has big conference experience, a proven track record at Creighton and has been able to pluck away great players from the likes of other big midwest schools. Also 2 players he recruited that are currently in the NBA.

A week ago I was saying give Barry a little more time. After Sat. night he has got to go. Two reasons just from Sat. Charles Richardson is playing great getting other people there points like a point guard is suppose to do. Where is he at in the second half. Good ol Barry played Neal. All of the other teams that are beating MU are playing zone Def. What do we do yep go Man to Man. We lose at home to teams that are in the middle of the big 12. Anybody else can do what he is doing. He has four freaking seniors. Enough I will still go to kemper and watch them then its baseball and the red white game. :steam:steam:steam

Don't be so sure about that.  He is from Wilbur which is real close to Lincoln, has big conference experience, a proven track record at Creighton and has been able to pluck away great players from the likes of other big midwest schools.  Also 2 players he recruited that are currently in the NBA.

Nebraska would be a step down for him.

Not if Pederson would be serious about turning NU into a good basketball program. Creighton is a pretty good spot for Dana though.

I don't understand why cant they win.  Does he keep changing the offense.  Doesn't he run some form of the Princton O

It is supposed to be like the Princeton Offense but it seems the guards just throw the ball around the three point line. There is no method to his madness if you ask me.

Couldn't we try to get a top assistant from a major school? What about Dawkins at Duke? Matt Daugherty(sp) comes to mind. He wouldn't have the problem with pre-madonnas that he had at Carolina. Crap go after the S.Miss coach :wasted:. He is a proven winner and the Husker faithful are all for giving dudes a second chance.(Phillips, C.Peter, R.Washington, S.Wiggins, just to name a few)

Brad Daugherty(sp) comes to mind. He wouldn't have the problem with pre-madonnas that he had at Carolina.

Matt Doherty. He did some great things at Notre Dame and was never really given a chance at NC because the players didn't want to try for him. What a joke. If he wanted to coach here, that would be cool with me.