V TECH vs ECU

hskerprid

WHAT A GAME!

CONGRATS TO THE PIRATES!!!

Yeah, that really isn't a good thing for Nebraska, kid. ECU played them tough at Va. Tech last year, iirc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. ranked teams over the past few years that have been beat by directional/div2 schools.. have not exactly gone on to have great seasons.. Michigan/Notre Dame/Iowa come to mind. So I don't think VTech losing means they are going to come in and play lights out in lincoln. I think it'll really shake up their team and they will come into Lincoln unsteady. I guess you could make a case either way.

But anyway, it's just cool to see teams from the MAC/CUSA/etc.. on the rise. IMO it only makes college football more compelling.

Oh and BTW.. I don't give a crap about rankings. All I care about is how we play as a team.

They're talking about pulling Tyrod Taylor's redshirt.

That's what I kind of meant when I started this thread. If VT wins they keep Glennon starting if not Tyrod

starts. Alot harder to defend Tyrod then Glennon

Maybe.. but he'll be very inexperienced and playing in memorial stadium... he will make some big mistakes. I think that would actually be a good thing for us.

They're talking about pulling Tyrod Taylor's redshirt.

That's what I kind of meant when I started this thread. If VT wins they keep Glennon starting if not Tyrod

starts. Alot harder to defend Tyrod then Glennon

Maybe.. but he'll be very inexperienced and playing in memorial stadium... he will make some big mistakes. I think that would actually be a good thing for us.

I wouldnt say inexperienced. here are his stats from last season as he is a sophmore and he did technically start last year, although in a rotating system. these stats dont look too great, but its not too bad when you are rotating and cant really get into a comfort zone.

Taylor rotated at quarterback during his first year at Virginia Tech. He accumulated 1,356 yards of total offense, 927 passing and 429 on the ground. He completed 72 of 134 passing attempts, giving him a completion percentage of 53.7 that season. He also added 11 touchdowns, 5 passing and 6 rushing.

This is what can happen when you schedule a tough opponent for your 1st game.

Opening day mistakes can kill you.

VT should have most of them ironed out in a couple weeks (Especially if they burn Taylor's redshirt..Although I have the feeling Beamer might be sacrificing this season for the next 3??).

And I wouldn't be surprised to see ECU ranked half the season.

Damn, I would have prefered they be undefeated when they came to lincoln. But it just makes my guarantee of a win that much more likely.

:dunno

I'm feeling we have a 17% less chance of beating VT now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. ranked teams over the past few years that have been beat by directional/div2 schools.. have not exactly gone on to have great seasons.. Michigan/Notre Dame/Iowa come to mind.

Erm, don't tell Florida that (1/1/08 41-35 Michigan). Somehow everyone seems to forget that one.

BTW didn't Herbstriet call this one and the Pitt loss.