What I seen tonight

Was a team playing and having fun. They made mistakes. Some costly mistakes. Missed assignments; mental errors; communication breakdowns, but this team is an entirely different team than we've seen in a long time.

Cody Glenn....he's a monster out there. He was flying to the ball. He was hitting. You could tell he was having fun out there. He could very well be the leader on defense. He absolutely, positively was having fun. You could see it the entire time. And his speed is going to be a huge benefit for the defense. Huge....

Defensively, there were a bunch of mistakes. But we all knew going into the game there would be mistakes.

Offensively, not sure what happened in the 2nd half. There was a big letdown. They could never get the momentum back.

All in all, it was great seeing players having fun, playing for each other, the team, the fans and N on their helmets.

The tv announcers said pretty much the same thing. Although they keyed on the effort from the defense. I believe one of them said something like "this first games defense was nothing like we saw last year. This game we saw effort and want to on every play. No quit. That is something Husker fans didn't see a lot of last year." I have to say I agree.

There was a lot of improvement but there is still a ways to go before NU gets to Mizzou, or even Va Tech.(who is still a good team, but I think ECU is going to be a top 20 team this year).

I didn't like seeing Glenn, Wortman, and Dillard in the whole game, its good they were able to stay in but me question the skill of Fisher, Compton, and Lawerence. Maybe I am just being to negative but that is the way I saw it.

I was really impressed with Glenn- Def, Henry-SP, and Holt-Off (aka my three breakout players of the game), with West close behind glenn, Peterson(or McNeil) behind Holt, and Paul behind Henry on SP

I was disappointed in the amount of pt for Thenarse(except on SP), I thought it would almost be half and half with O Halan, but it was almost all O'Halon (at least what I saw) and what about Major, was it just me or was he not out there much

I noticed O' Hanlon got beat on a couple big routes. There wasnt really a running game until Helu came in, and the sweeps and any other outside runs were unimpressive cuz we had bad blocking on them. Holt played really well. 2nd half the d-line seemed to be flat and the secondary gave up alot of yards on flats and quick out routes. Thats about all I saw. jw, is thenarse hurt?

Offense:

1. Ganz had a good start and started making mistakes but He'll only get better!!!

2. The offense showed it can move the ball.

3. need to run a bit more

4. holy sh!t we can actually catch the ball!

Defense:

1. The line looked good, and we kept their running game to what 8 yards! I'd still like to see a little more pressure!

2. Secondary, needs a alot of work but a little pressure sure does help em out!!!

3. Cody Glen?? Wow he looked really good!

But I feel we have alot to work with!!! :thumbs

to me, it seemed like both sides of the ball either didn't want to show a whole lot, or didn't have a whole lot to show scheme and play wise.

i don't buy the issues in the run game. they did sell out to stop the run and have gans beat them with his arm. also knew what was coming thirid and early fourth.

joe has to make better decisions, both passing and in the zone read. several times he could have held onto the ball and got us some better situations.

defensively, the run was good up front, but the lack of depth on the d-line showed when we couldn't get a push in pass rush at the end of the third/start of fourth.

cody glenn was green out there, but great game for someone in his first action defensively in college.

safeties were too lazy sometimes in coverage, but overall not too bad.

the one thing here is that this defense still has mental issues that will have to work themselves out through the season. there was better energy, there was better in-game adjustments. this game could have turned into ball state easily.

i do wish we would have played more people, but it works out in the end. we will have two more games before a real test to work everything out.

There was a lot of improvement but there is still a ways to go before NU gets to Mizzou, or even Va Tech.(who is still a good team, but I think ECU is going to be a top 20 team this year).

I didn't like seeing Glenn, Wortman, and Dillard in the whole game, its good they were able to stay in but me question the skill of Fisher, Compton, and Lawerence. Maybe I am just being to negative but that is the way I saw it.

I was really impressed with Glenn- Def, Henry-SP, and Holt-Off (aka my three breakout players of the game), with West close behind glenn, Peterson(or McNeil) behind Holt, and Paul behind Henry on SP

I was disappointed in the amount of pt for Thenarse(except on SP), I thought it would almost be half and half with O Halan, but it was almost all O'Halon (at least what I saw) and what about Major, was it just me or was he not out there much

I think he was hurt. I remember hearing the announcers saying he still has his padas on but was covered in ice.